Hello,
First post on this board. I searched and searched the web for this issue, but did not find anything. Please point me in the right direction if I have missed the answer to my problem.
Basically, my N9 cannot make an outgoing Gtalk video call. I can get incoming calls from my computer (mac or PC) and the video works ok (very choppy, but it works). From the ipad Vtok app, I can see the ipad video, but the N9 video does not show on the ipad.
Now, if I try to start a video call from the N9, the computer/ipad (any device really) immediately disconnects the call and claims there was an error with the google server.
Has anyone experienced this issue? Is it just me? Any fixes? I tried reflashing the phone, installing only Gtalk. It did not work...
Thanks for any help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GringoT For This Useful Post:
I cannot make video calls either, but my contact can video call me and no problem, so incomming calls working fine, outgoing calls imposible no video call option enabled

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Has any one been able to make a successfull video call?

Calling my PC from my N9 results in the same error as the OP: claiming there was an error with Google's servers.

Calling from my PC to the N9 works, but I get no audio or video.

I doesn't work properly for me between Pidgin and N9 client.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I tried calling from my N9 to Windows 7 and worked OK. Video and audio.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
used to work on PR 1.2. Some people reported it works on 1.3 after a clean flash of the device , so maybe try that.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
videocall fails on my ssu updated PR1.3 device... haven't tested on clean flash of device yet.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-07-23 at 20:37.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
My ota update works perfectly , :/
only cutetube and quickvoice input thats wont work again, missing dependencies libmeegoimquick0 , but i cant install it from nokia repo, :|

Why does it seem to work on some devices and not others? It never worked on my PR 1.2 device (clean flash or not, no other apps installed), either on windows 7, windows XP (yes, I still have a VM running XP) or mac OS X Lion...

Yet on youtube I saw a video of someone who was able to make it work while initiating the call from the N9... It makes no sense...

i have issues with it too

it began since pr1.2 recently. i cant make or receive video or voice calls, i get disconnected right as the connection is made

i also flashed pr1.3 so no use reinstalling, but haven't tried to reset the device completely, it's too much to sacrifice for this

Tags
gtalk, video call