Posts: 29 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ south germany
Hi all,

after installing OS 2008 on my N800 I'm looking for tips to change a few things:

- Display brightness: When I take the darkest setting, it is impossible to read eBooks in a dark room: I need sun-glasses
Is there any possibility for more dimming the backlight?

- The menues and the menue icons are much too big for me! Maybe its useful for thumbs, but I'm using always the stylus (I hate spots of grease on display...). Is there a possibility to decrease menues and icons?
...And most important: I urgently need the possibility to create menue sub-folders!!!

- Can I change the system sound files back to the 2007 version? The new ones sounds very hard like scratching on glass - uah!

- I'm missing the FM-Tuner and the "statusbar clock" - but they will hopefully work in the official version...

Please anyone could help me?

...on the other hand there are a lot of positive things: Right navigation border is still too width, but yet half-transparent. The black-white navigation-bar icons are not really beautiful, but useful . I like the new RSS-Feed application on desktop and in the file-manager I can see my network share folders out-of-the-box (no idea, if these are my NFS- or samba-shares, but anyway...)

Thanks!