Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by filologen View Post
qobi,
I cannot thank you enough for this!

Since I have the Nokia su-8w, all I had to do was:

$ cp -i /usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook/geometry/pc /usr/share/X11/xkb/geometry/.

Now I can get my Danish keyboard to work by doing:

$ setxkbmap -device 4 -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model nokiasu8w -layout dk

This is FANTASTIC Thank you _so_ much!
Will this use the su-8w profile from /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vnrd/

what happens to the danish characters ø å and æ, which are on the up and left arrows?

Where do they end up?

on the su-8w I get left when I push left arrow and up when I push left arrow, instead of expected nordic characters.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-07-29 at 22:37.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Santa Rosa
I have been following the instructions throughout this post in an attempt to pair my n900 with my bluetooth stowaway keyboard. I was at the final stage where you run setxkbmap and got the following errors. Can someone review my screenshot and tell me what I may have done wrong? I don't understand the errors.

Thank you
Attached Images

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
i have problems with the second dbus-send command. it keeps telling me --Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.Bluez.Input" doesn't exist--
I had the same problem, after googling around found a post on the gentoo forums which says that the bluetooth device id needs to be in UPPERcase. So now I can connect, but I'm still having trouble with the layout, letters work but numbers and most other keys don't.

Originally Posted by marathondon View Post
I was at the final stage where you run setxkbmap and got the following errors.
You've done the pairing but most likely your keyboard has not connected, yet. You need to do steps 2-5 from this post correctly.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hi JoHnY,

I've been trying to get my Stowaway Shasta working with my new N900. I am having the following problems:

[QUOTE=JoHnY;517684]2. Issue the following command:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter
You'll get a response like: object path "/org/bluez/11984/hci0"

Mine came up with /org/bluez/916/hci0. So far, so good.

4. Enter this command: hcitool scan (be sure that your bluetooth keyboard did not fall into sleep mode in the meantime and that it's still sending out information about its presence - usually indicated by blinking blue light)
After some time, you should be able to see the MAC address of your keyboard (if you don't have 10 other people having the same bluetooth keyboard in a close distance to you, you should be able to identify yours by the name)
5. Send this command:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez  /org/bluez/11984/hci0/dev_00_07_61_75_xx_xx org.bluez.Input.Connect
BUT you need to replace /org/bluez/11984/hci0 by whatever response you got in step 2 (actually the number should be only thing that will be different) and replace 00_07_61_75_xx_xx by the mac address of your keyboard from step 4 (replacing all colons by underscores)
So I enter (as root):
Code:
# dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez  /org/bluez/11984/hci0/dev_00_0F_6F_00_9B_DA org.bluez.Input.Connect
And the system responds with:
Code:
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Connect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Input" doesn't exist
Any idea what's going on here? I'd really like to get this thing working. Has anyone gotten this error? I searched the forum for org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod and came up empty.

Any help would be appreciated.
--vr

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
So I enter (as root):
Code:
# dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez  /org/bluez/11984/hci0/dev_00_0F_6F_00_9B_DA org.bluez.Input.Connect
The bit highlighted in red is most likely different for your case, you should use whatever is returned by:
Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez / org.bluez.Manager.DefaultAdapter

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
The bit highlighted in red is most likely different for your case, you should use whatever is returned by:
Code:
I did change that to 916, I just missed it in the cut and paste from your previous code block. Sorry. The command I sent was:

Code:
# dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.bluez  /org/bluez/916/hci0/dev_00_0F_6F_00_9B_DA org.bluez.Input.Connect

Hello!

I've got my "Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro" successfully connected via dbus-send - and the Touchpad works very well.
But the rest...
Normal keys are okay (lowercase) - but i cant type uppercase, numbers, special keys. Left Arrow is "." and Up Arrow is "ä" and "," is "ü" and "." is "ö"
With F7 and F8 I can set Volume Down/Up - With F4 I get the "App-Menu".
But whats up with the Numbers, Caps etc.?

I've tried the following:
Code:
 $ hildon-im-xkbtool --list
ID 0, Name: "Virtual core pointer"
ID 1, Name: "Virtual core keyboard"
ID 2, Name: "TSC2005 touchscreen"
ID 3, Name: "omap_twl4030keypad"
ID 4, Name: "Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro(TM)"
Code:
$ setxkbmap -device 4 -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model pc105 -layout de -v 10
Setting verbose level to 10
locale is C
Warning! Multiple definitions of rules file
         Using command line, ignoring X server
Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard model
Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard layout
Applied rules from base:
model:      pc105
layout:     de
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   evdev+aliases(qwertz)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc+de
geometry:   pc(pc105)
Error loading new keyboard description
With "-layout us" there's no error message, but it changes NOTHING.
Any help?

Thank you!

Skyscraper
PS: Sorry for very bad english

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
I have created first version of the Bluetooth keyboard layout selector application (BlueKlase), as request in http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Blue...out#Next_steps.
This is precessor of the python script I wrote earlier.

!!!! This is first version so install this with your own risk. !!!

Installation instructions:
1) install attached deb file. It will install following files:
/etc/event.d/bluetooth-keyboard
/usr/bin/BlueKlase
2) Get your keyboard id using instruction from http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_Blue..._Automatically
2) Edit attached settings.txt file and put your keyboard id there.
3) Copy file to /home/user/.config/BlueKlase/ folder.
4) rename it to settings.conf
5) Restart your phone

BlueKlase should start automatically and the system should work.

Future development:
- Optify
- Create control panel widget to be able to add new keyboards more easily. This will also create the settings.conf file and starts the BlueKlase after exit. No more reboot needed.
- Put application to Extras-devel, create bug reporting (if this is really needed)
- Disable virtual keyboard when hw keyboard is attached and enable it again after keyboard is disconnected (if it was enabled anyway).
Attached Files
File Type: deb blueklase_0.1-1_armel.deb (16.9 KB, 211 views)
File Type: txt settings.txt (105 Bytes, 240 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakoleh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ south germany
Hi all,

works for me with "Freedom Universal Keyboard"

Thx