Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Critical error is

Creating new namespace failed

As for ldconfig, its running inside flatpak environment, different from the system one. For namespaces, kernel needs to have support for it. Check out what you get from

# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep _NS

I have the following:

CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
CONFIG_USER_NS=y
CONFIG_PID_NS=y
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_NETBIOS_NS=y

I am sure that USER_NS is needed, but that should be there for older kernels as well: https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USER_NS.html

So, I suspect you need to recompile your kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
You're right:

Code:
# CONFIG_UTS_NS is not set
# CONFIG_IPC_NS is not set
# CONFIG_USER_NS is not set
# CONFIG_PID_NS is not set
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
I think my tests stop here then, I don't have the knowledge to recompile the kernel.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Understood. At least we know why. Now, I suggest you to ask the maintainer of the port to recompile the kernel. As the options are there, its relatively easy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
CONFIG_USER_NS=y
CONFIG_PID_NS=y
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
Do you know from which kernel version do we have these flags in the kernel? I am curious whether they are available in kernel 3.0?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Do you know from which kernel version do we have these flags in the kernel? I am curious whether they are available in kernel 3.0?
According to https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USER_NS.html, should be there under "experimental"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
According to https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USER_NS.html, should be there under "experimental"
Thanks for confirming and showing me the way how I can double check these things in the future.
I think will switch them on for my S2 and try Flatpak there.

New Flatpak Runner is out: 0.5.2

I was looking into how to enable hardware acceleration for Qt WebEngine and found the way. Turned out that by dropping SFOS-specific QMLSCENE_DEVICE environment variable from Flatpak app environment resulted in Chromium using hardware acceleration. That variable is used in Qt WebEngine constructor and had such implications.

Now, with Chromium having hardware acceleration, many bug workarounds for Android phones hardware are not engaged as they are checked for Android specifically (as in https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch..._list.json#247). For now, I have disabled GPU HW composing which seems to work for me. That's done in one env variable set by default. Let me know if you get into trouble with the browser.

Browser, after enabling HW acceleration, plays youtube videos as well. There has been work done on Angelfish and the next release of it should add hiding of navigation bar, internal changes in tabs handling, bump to Qt 5.14, to name the changes that are already merged.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Thanks for confirming and showing me the way how I can double check these things in the future.
I think will switch them on for my S2 and try Flatpak there.
I needed to switch on too the CONFIG_NAMESPACES.
But now I have Flatpak support in the kernel on my S2 as well.
Once I have a little time I'll try to install Angelfish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Great to hear! There has been great progress in the last few days and I will probably report a bit later when few things get finalized. I am testing new settings for WebEngine that work quite well on XZ2. In addition, videos that were failing in the browser are playing now and without choppiness. Few PRs still have to be merged and then I hope new releases will be out.

Will be very interesting to hear when its all merged how it all runs on S2 and other hardware... In terms of S2, would be good to know if the current released Angelfish actually works as well. So we are sure that we don't miss anything in the setup

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Great to hear! There has been great progress in the last few days and I will probably report a bit later when few things get finalized. I am testing new settings for WebEngine that work quite well on XZ2. In addition, videos that were failing in the browser are playing now and without choppiness. Few PRs still have to be merged and then I hope new releases will be out.

Will be very interesting to hear when its all merged how it all runs on S2 and other hardware... In terms of S2, would be good to know if the current released Angelfish actually works as well. So we are sure that we don't miss anything in the setup
I have installed Flatpak and added the repos, then installed angelfish. Unfortunately I got this:
Code:
[nemo@GalaxyS2 ~]$ flatpak-runner org.kde.mobile.angelfish
Starting: org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
Wayland socket: ../../display/wayland-1
WAYLAND_DISPLAY="../../display/wayland-1" FLATPAK_MALIIT_CONTAINER_DBUS="unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-zMvZjjUACb,guid=d3719efecbc24fcf8ca84dcb5e5453c9" flatpak run --env=QT_WAYLAND_FORCE_DPI=218 --filesystem=/system:ro --filesystem=/vendor:ro --filesystem=/odm:ro --device=all --talk-name=org.maliit.server --filesystem=/opt/flatpak/maliit/org.kde.Platform/arm/5.12:ro --env=QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/app/lib64/plugins:/app/lib/plugins:/usr/share/runtime/lib/plugins:/opt/flatpak/maliit/org.kde.Platform/arm/5.12 --env=QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS=--disable-gpu-compositing --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_MOBILE=1 --env=QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE=Plasma --env=HYBRIS_EGLPLATFORM_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DIR=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib/libhybris/linker --env=HYBRIS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/lib:/vendor/lib:/system/lib --env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/GL/host/lib org.kde.mobile.angelfish
[D] onCompleted:389 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optimal - prefer to use a Component
[W] unknown:52 - file:///usr/share/flatpak-runner/qml/main.qml:52:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
bwrap: prctl(PR_SET_NO_NEW_CAPS) failed: Invalid argument
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 256
[D] expression for onExit:58 - Skipping quit as it will hang the window. Proper exit is needed

Tags
flatpak