Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Too many people here have shown that they are unable to handle trolling, by continuously providing attention and feedback to the troll, which is primarily what drives a troll:
I'm not at all sure that this guy was trolling. Sure, at first it looked like that, but when he kept going, it started to look like he was serious (and dumb). Also, his account was created in 2011, which is a long time for a troll acco. Also he clearly had a passion to Maemo devices, and he had posted some normal stuff to other threads. So my guess is that he got an obsession of Fxtec, and was really thinking that Fxtec had betrayed him and all of us, and nobody except him could see the betrayal. Also considering the other stuff found in internet by googling his name, I'd be even more sure that this is the case.

Anyway, when speaking about how other people should handle stuff like this, it doesn't really matter if the person is serious or trolling. Except: A troll is consciously blind to facts, and will always find a way to provocate. He doesn't care about other people's arguments, no matter how good they are. But if the person is being honest, instead of trolling, good argumenting and bringing facts may still make him understand and alter his thinking. It's the difeference of trolling and pure stupidity. But in this case, whether it was trolling or stupidity (or both), bringing facts didn't change the results. But I believe this is why so many people tried.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with the word Danke.
/OT
I stand corrected
From casually browsing 9gag i had the impression those memes centered around being overly or awkwardly thankful to some situation or persons action.
This internet is growing complicated...

We should have a "maemoneans react to post 2010 world" kind of channel.

Ah, well, back "on topic", that could easily be the title for a feature length documentation movie about the Pro1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I think you've got the wrong impression; I'm celebrating the release of the phone. The first devices are shipped.
Bit late then, we've had the same shipment status since last week, the 29th. i.e. shipping to fulfillment centers. We now just have order allocations, which can run parallel to shipping.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Noooooooo! My N900 died today. Or actually didn't die, but at least wounded deadly. I was charging it in my car bench and accidentally put my hand over it when trying to have a brace from the bench. The phone sank to the bench which made a nice craking sound when the whole usb port snipped off. I guess I'm going back to Sailfish while waiting the Pro1,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
"Good news! We have now assigned the stock for your Pro1 order. The product is on its way from the factory to the regional fulfilment warehouse with customs clearance to follow. We will notify you once tracking details are available.

Thanks for your support and continuous patience.

Kind regards,

F(x)tec Logistics"
Yes I also got this email a day ago. And I am in the US.

Last edited by ka9yhd; 2019-11-06 at 09:02.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
We still don't have a locked thread or central place for just info from the source.
Tired of drudging through these threads, twitter, and their own forums just to find the latest update...
reading all that you already know in another thread won't make it happen any faster

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Noooooooo! My N900 died today.
[ ]
The phone made a nice craking sound when the whole usb port snipped off. I guess I'm going back to Sailfish while waiting the Pro1,
Consider me as being jealous of you having enjoyed your N900 ... for just short of ten years, not!?

Good that the Pro1s have started materializing. Just imagine we were still that bit more in the unknown on that aspect.
Do recall Chen's final remark in Fxtec's recent video concerning the Pro1: "... hopefully you're satisfied with the quality ...". Chen being your fellow (ex-)N900-user ...

What OS were you hoping to run on the Pro1?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by olf View Post
While I like that Cool & The Gang classic "Celebrate" today (hated it, when it was released), the outcome of this (Sh. thrown out and all his messages eradicated @TMO) is nothing to celebrate IMO.

Too many people here have shown that they are unable to handle trolling, by continuously providing attention and feedback to the troll, which is primarily what drives a troll:
  • Replies to his postings
  • "Thanks!" votes

As I assume he is still around here (e.g. with his other TMO account) or other people with serious psychological distortions may show up,
  • conquering this thread with gossip again is still easily possible by the help of those "gossip multipliers".
  • nothing is structurally gained, as long as a couple of participants here cannot keep their fingers still (equivalent to "keep their mouths shut"), hence will happily act as a "gossip multiplier" at any time.

tl;dr: Trolling people do exist and hence will show up occasionally. The real bummer is, that a couple of those seemingly interested in a proper discussion were eagerly "feeding the troll" again and again, thus enabling, supporting and leveraging his efforts to suppress any other topic than the troll's own ones.
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I'm not at all sure that this guy was trolling. Sure, at first it looked like that, but when he kept going, it started to look like he was serious (and dumb). Also, his account was created in 2011, which is a long time for a troll acco. Also he clearly had a passion to Maemo devices, and he had posted some normal stuff to other threads. So my guess is that he got an obsession of Fxtec, and was really thinking that Fxtec had betrayed him and all of us, and nobody except him could see the betrayal. Also considering the other stuff found in internet by googling his name, I'd be even more sure that this is the case.

Anyway, when speaking about how other people should handle stuff like this, it doesn't really matter if the person is serious or trolling. Except: A troll is consciously blind to facts, and will always find a way to provocate. He doesn't care about other people's arguments, no matter how good they are. But if the person is being honest, instead of trolling, good argumenting and bringing facts may still make him understand and alter his thinking. It's the difeference of trolling and pure stupidity. But in this case, whether it was trolling or stupidity (or both), bringing facts didn't change the results. But I believe this is why so many people tried.

See the screenshot of the mail that I received from him.
I guess we know what kind of a person he is by now.

Edit: Censored the bad words in the attachment
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2019-11-07 at 20:57.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I feel so sad and sorry HtheB got abused in this way.

I guess this kind of soul can only be hidden behind Internet and I wish everyone of us not meeting those kind in our lives.

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
See the screenshot of the mail that I received from him.
I guess we know what kind of a person he is by now.
That letter made me wonder if the last two words below the letter are his own signature

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit