Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
Quality looks mediocre at best, but I don't think that anyone would buy the Pro1 for the camera.
For me they look good but yes, basically not the camera is the most important in this phone.

However, I could not see the original photos but a version of reduced resolution by Twitter. Am I missing something and the actual photos are able to be downloaded somehow from Twitter?
...as looking at those may help a lot deciding the quality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
I would really like to see the original pics too. All I saw was the Twitter post.
I don't use Twitter so I don't know how much the compression they use affects the overall quality.
From what I saw there, exposure, dynamic range, highlights, bokah, they all lack. I didn't mention the noise since that's probably affected from Twitter compression, but I don't know about the rest!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Here is a couple of pictures Chen posted on Twitter taken with the Pro1.
https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/st...92991061958657

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Here is a couple of pictures Chen posted on Twitter taken with the Pro1.
Do you realize that it's already been posted just 4 posts above yours?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by DDark View Post

Chen posted some cool camera samples on Twitter.

Colors seems to be way better than previous samples on FxTec forum, and by looking on dual camera depth effect, we may not need to install GCam at all.
Can't wait to film my appliances in high quality for the first time!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
I would really like to see the original pics too. All I saw was the Twitter post.
I have asked Chen to send me the original version of these photos and he allowed me to share them so I put them here.

Remember these are not official marketing images just some casual photos.

Anyway, I think they are much better than the version reduced by Twitter, at least I like them much more.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
I have asked Chen to send me the original version of these photos and he allowed me to share them so I put them here.

Anyway, I think they are much better than the version reduced by Twitter, at least I like them much more.
Thanks!
Looks like I was right though.
Anyway, I think the most important think would be to reach a decent level at launch, cause you can improve quality with software updates every month. That's what every company does either way!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Looks like I was right though.
I see they are much better than I initially thought.
Basically because I don't really see those manipulations usually exists on every Android devices I saw so far...

Usually photos have blur effect applied and then sharpened in order to eliminate the noise at sensor level and it makes a strange output if you see those photos closer - they have much less details because of this trick.

So maybe this trick is not applied here or it is at way lower level which is absolutely a good point.
Also, I don't see much noise in these photos, but it will definitively different in photos taken in low light.

...and yes, it may be improved in later updates or some filter settings may be turned on or off - I rather would like to see photos without the trick mentioned above as I may do modifications myself if I would like to and that way I have a more detailed photo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post

Wonder what the professional verdict is. Any photo savvy users chime in on these?
I know the reason the pixel produces great shots is a lot down to the image processing rather than the sensor. I'm expecting the Pro1 to deliver as good quality hopefully...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit