Hey guys,

Breeze is an app installer which utilizes push notifications to install apps easily from n9-apps.com.

You click the 'install on phone' button on your computer and the corresponding link will open on your phone. It supports Ovi Store, .deb packages, apps.formeego.com links (Apps://, opens in Apps client) and custom URLs which are opened in default browser.

Edit:

I submitted the app now on Ovi Store, so original download link is removed from the page. You can download the app directly from http://n9-apps.com/n9appsclient_0.2.5_armel.deb

Then visit http://n9-apps.com/breeze to connect.

The original idea and implementation were made by gri, and I've added some features and changes since then. The app has been almost ready for quite a while, and I've been using it myself for couple of months now. It seems to work quite well most of the time.

I'd appreciate if you would try it and report if it works on your phone or not. I'm going to submit it on Ovi Store later on if there isn't too many problems.

After first startup, you don't ever have to launch the app, it just sits and waits until push notification fires it up, and after that it will close itself.

Before you try, make sure your phone is connected to network and push notifications are enabled.

Last edited by N9 Apps; 2012-08-26 at 15:54.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to N9 Apps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Screenshot ?
This app isn't visible, it just waits for a push notification. It isn't even running in background, but rather fires up on notification and closes itself after.

On first startup, there's connection screen, but that's irrelevant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N9 Apps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
So I can remove the ovi store and use this app instead?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
So I can remove the ovi store and use this app instead?
No, you can't remove Ovi Store.

This app launches the Ovi Store client from your PC browser. This installation option is useful only when you are browsing apps on your computer.

Don't working for me, but the idea is great
Edit: Now it works fine =)

Last edited by B3Punch3D; 2012-08-25 at 18:27.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Awesome man thanks heaps

I loved this feature in Android and Nokia drop, hope to see more of these features in future (more of chrome to phone/nokia drop features)

Thanks again

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Thanks for the app but I wish it did even more by clicking on download and installing the said app so the only screen that appears on the n9 is the installation screen...That way we won't have to see the hideous Store anymore

Edit: Maybe as a safeguard for the above it might function that way only for Free/Trial apps with Paid apps still having to go thro' the pos Store...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Thanks for the app but I wish it did even more by clicking on download and installing the said app so the only screen that appears on the n9 is the installation screen...That way we won't have to see the hideous Store anymore
Yes, I wish it was possible to do this 'Android style' with just one-click from browser!

I guess it's working for most of you, although not many have reported? I'm going to submit it on Ovi Store now and see what happens.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
why you don't list/support apps4meego?