Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
A few last versions not use inception anymore. Just try tweak T-3, if i remember right added option for checking about Coderus unrestricted ui, this is a reason that you don't see option 0.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Thanks. May be that is the way it is supposed to work. As I mentioned, I did not see a sub-menu in settings the first time I did it. Only when I selected Option "0" which is not listed on screen, I got it.

Just realised I posted a follow-up question on a different thread where I came across a similar question. I shall now post it here for more relevance. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post

go to /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/sysuid/sysuid.conf and change
Code:

[BatteryStatusIndicator]
default = StatusIndicatorIconView

to
Code:

[BatteryStatusIndicator]
default = StatusIndicatorLabelView

And restart sysuid. Some Magic...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91450&page=14

I came across this post on pg 14 on "iOS7 Full Theme" thread advising on how to get battery icon and % displayed on the status bar. Similar to the question that elicited the response above, I am using N9QT t-3-1 tweak and CODeRUS unrestricted system-ui.

What I can't see in the thread is if this tweak is confirmed to achieve the outcome, without impacting anything else.

Assuming it works, what program can I use to make the change - Nano text editor?

Also, I see 2 lines for battery indicator in the sysuid.conf file - one with icon and one with label. If I change the icon to label, then won't there be two lines with same code? - may be that's the purpose of this trick?

Further, I found out about Nano and installed Nano on my N9. But I can't figure out how to scroll down or up, and point the cursor at this particular code/line to make any changes.

Appreciate any thoughts as I'd really like to give this a go and see if it works. Many thanks.

Thanks...

Thought I'll post a follow-up to my own question so it may help others in my shoes...

Ok, managed to learn some Nano editing using this site

http://staffwww.fullcoll.edu/sedward...troToNano.html
http://staffwww.fullcoll.edu/sedward...dCommands.html

Made the required changes and restarted sysuid from the unrestrictued system-ui submenu in Settings. Unfortunately, it did not work, but did show "0.8" denoting 80% battery, followed by 80% in the status bar. Which sort of makes sense because I replaced icon with label. However, my N9QT tweaked menu icons that displayed prior to making this change vanished!

Now, what I did not do was reboot N9 concerned whether that may get me in more trouble like previously.

At this point, I reverted back to original conf file (luckily had saved a copy - phew!), and rebooted. My status bar and menu extensions all came back to original display... I'll leave this quest for battery icon and percentage until I hear more advice...

Before I factory reset my device, I was able to use your programs but now I can install them but they do not run any more. How can I fix this issue? ***Developer mode is on***

Hello.
I'm trying to install unrestricted system ui via n9qt and i keep failing,i'm in open mode cause i'm running ubiboot with sailfish and nitdroid(in normal mode i didn't have any problem).
I'm getting ''package system-ui-tools denied'' and ''does not allow it'', and after that n9qt just closes.
Anyone that had install unrestricted ui to open mode for some advice?
Thank you.

Edit : Nevermind i found out what was wrong, i installed powerpack and it replaced libapplancherd.so, so as soon as n9qt completed one installation was forced to close before finishes the whole installation.

Last edited by sm0k3; 2014-06-14 at 13:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to sm0k3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hey guys how are you all

I have a question

If i want to change

- Dialer Menu Backgound
- Messaging Background P & L
- Sitting's Menu Backgound

What to do cause i have tried many times and it is not changing

Also Can it be both Transparent and image at the same time??!!!

this doesn't work it's broken.

Hi, can someone explain me how the option is used QQ (
Uninstall orig. apps (PRO users only) .... From now Thanks!

Just wanted to drop a line to say thank you for the great job. This app and the options it generates is amazing. I just discovered it as I had to flash my N9 recently and wanted to redo some tweaks (in particular with the GPS).

Keep up the great work! I just did a small donation and I hope many others do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenjG For This Useful Post:

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh