I installed both mobile hotspot and qtmobilehotspost but all of them failed. First states hotspot failed to start and second fails also with asking me if I am running power kernel. However I have installed Linux kernel for power users. How can I find out if I am really running that given kernel? Thank you.

Yes, mobile data works well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas_xxxxx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Have you booted up the device again? And you should be able to check the kernel version from settings page and in the bottom information about device. Have you read through mobile hotspot threads to try find help? And you can search with google N900 mobile hotspot maemo or something. You may find the right info from this forum with google more easily than by using the forum's own search.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
After runing uname -a in terminal, it states this: Linux Nokia-N900 2.6.28-omap1

However on linux kernel for power users it states in description this version: 2.6.28.10

So I really dont know if I have proper kernel installed or not. When I open Nokia kernel app, it shows this: This program will restore original Nokia kernel and uninstall package "Linux kernel for power user"

I finally found a command that installed that kernel successfully. One more question: Is there a way to run facebook messenger nowadays on N900? Mobile sites have removed messenger since last month.

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Have they? I don't have facebook but when I did in the summer it still had the messenger while using with browser. I create occasionally facebook account which I use only with browser and I then delete after couple of months and I have been glad being able to use messenger through a browser. If it is now impossible that is a bummer. I have no idea then how to use messenger. Is there any plugin for pidgin messenger?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
They removed fully messenger from m.facebook.com and also mbasic.facebook.com.

Where can I find that pidgin messenger? In application manager?

The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas_xxxxx For This Useful Post: