Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this is all to do with your bank's security policy... We cannot help here. There are a few cases that the payment went through on a second attempt, it might be worth trying.

We are working with PayPal and trying to restore it as an option, we are doing our best and it shall not take too long. But can not guarantee the exact timeline at this moment.

If you experience more issue, I will engage with the financial team to get back to you formally.
Thanks Chen,
I think these words were necessary even it should be clear that you FxTec cannot do anything to make banks believe you are no fraud!

Paypal would be a nice option but maybe someone here remember the Neo900 desaster?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
@chenliangchen
Did you get a chance to look into my Sprint CDMA question? I emailed and tweeted but didn't hear back yet. Already paid for my preorder so I'm hoping I can get an answer soon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Alright, so last night I actually dreamt that someone from F(x)tec (he had the t-shirt) knocked on my door and gave me a beta Pro1 (easy to tell: the phone came with no box) and a USB thumb containing the latest SFOS community build.

Hopefully the wait will end before the last bits of my sanity are lost.

(Paypal would have been great. It generally defends the buyer in case of big issue like scam or lost parcel, this would have made some buyers more comfortable.)

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-08-07 at 17:34.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Paypal is very risky for large sums of money if your a business, like peterleinchen mention.

After hearing so many horror story, I would as a business make sure it's not the preferred way to pay ... but an option I guess.

Hard call to make. Of course different story for buyers

x

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks Chen,
I think these words were necessary even it should be clear that you FxTec cannot do anything to make banks believe you are no fraud!

Paypal would be a nice option but maybe someone here remember the Neo900 desaster?
Thank you Peter for understanding. We are working hard with PayPal to fully comply with their business terms and conditions. Progress has been made and I really hope it can be shortly restored as an option so less users will have this problem. (And yes, don't want things happened on Neo900 to happen again.)

Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
@chenliangchen
Did you get a chance to look into my Sprint CDMA question? I emailed and tweeted but didn't hear back yet. Already paid for my preorder so I'm hoping I can get an answer soon
Sprint should work on Pro1. However the actual signal strength will depend on your region. Pro 1 has LTE 25 26 and 41 which should cover all of Sprint's LTE network, The only thing is their secondary CDMA BC10 network's local coverage (Maybe talk to a Sprint customer service to check if your area is only covered by CDMA BC10) With Primary CDMA BC1 Pro1 is covered.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Paypal is very risky for large sums of money if your a business, like peterleinchen mention.

After hearing so many horror story, I would as a business make sure it's not the preferred way to pay ... but an option I guess.

x
It's 100% true. But we are still try to find a solution. Hopefully can bring some good news shortly.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by xman View Post

x
Absolutely, we discussed that here a few weeks ago. I was just mentioning the buyer's side.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Hence the final schedule (see room C120) of the Sailfish OS sub-conference at FrOSCon 2019 is published, now also having @chenliangchen presenting the F(x)tec Pro1 running SailfishOS!
Visit us on Saturday, August 10th, starting at 2 p.m. at the FrOSCon in St. Augustin (near Cologne) in room C120.

Last edited by olf; 2019-08-08 at 15:46. Reason: Switched from (accidentially used) non-public web-links to public ones

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this is all to do with your bank's security policy... We cannot help here. There are a few cases that the payment went through on a second attempt, it might be worth trying.

We are working with PayPal and trying to restore it as an option, we are doing our best and it shall not take too long. But can not guarantee the exact timeline at this moment.

If you experience more issue, I will engage with the financial team to get back to you formally.
Thanks for your feedback.
I tried again today, and it finally got through !
Looks like there was some more delay than expected on the bank side to add the exception in the system (the person I got on the phone the other day was not the actual person doing it).
So I will not personally need Paypal for this one, but it may still help others.

So now, to the next step.... waiting for the delivery

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Thank you Peter for understanding. We are working hard with PayPal to fully comply with their business terms and conditions. Progress has been made and I really hope it can be shortly restored as an option so less users will have this problem. (And yes, don't want things happened on Neo900 to happen again.)

Sprint should work on Pro1. However the actual signal strength will depend on your region. Pro 1 has LTE 25 26 and 41 which should cover all of Sprint's LTE network, The only thing is their secondary CDMA BC10 network's local coverage (Maybe talk to a Sprint customer service to check if your area is only covered by CDMA BC10) With Primary CDMA BC1 Pro1 is covered.
Thanks for the reply. I know the Pro1 supports the bands, but I'm concerned about which model (not size) sim is needed for the Pro1. Every Sprint phone needs a ICCID chip to register for LTE access.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit