Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by qu3 View Post
How do I check my preinits?
ls -la /sbin/preinit*

Originally Posted by qu3 View Post
I have checked the ubiboot support thread.
There is a section where "back-to-back flashing" is written.
For my device, I did not do the back-to-back flashing.
Could this be the cause of Harmattan failed to boot up on my device?
That is not cause of this, there are other things later that you may encounter in Harmattan due to it but it does not affect booting.

I am really confused now. What's all the buzz about not being able to install ubiboot with windows system? Is there a new method of installing ubiboot or a new version that strictly requires a linux system? I didn't require any system to install mine. Install sailfish too can be done without a system except the partitioning part, which can be done with any partitioning tool on both windows and linux. So what's really restraining windows?

The Following User Says Thank You to Udemzy For This Useful Post:
Nothing, I did it.
Just dumb people too excited to read properly wiki and tutorial.
Sorry guys

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi there,
I did install Sailfish on my N9, and went back to a full Harmattan N9.

I read this thread from time to time and I see a lot of confusion. My advice is it would be really nice for everybody to have a specific ubiboot image to flash for people who only want Sailfish. No NitDroid, no Ubuntu, no B2G, only Harmattan and Sailfish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Udemzy View Post
I am really confused now. What's all the buzz about not being able to install ubiboot with windows system? Is there a new method of installing ubiboot or a new version that strictly requires a linux system? I didn't require any system to install mine. Install sailfish too can be done without a system except the partitioning part, which can be done with any partitioning tool on both windows and linux. So what's really restraining windows?
Well, that's mainly coz you need to install FS drivers to your windows box if you want to mount the ALT_OS partition, and if you want to ssh/telnet to ubiboot console you need NDIS drivers.
These seem to be unbeliveably difficult to install by some windows users, so it is easier to go and tell people to just use Linux

Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi there,
I did install Sailfish on my N9, and went back to a full Harmattan N9.

I read this thread from time to time and I see a lot of confusion. My advice is it would be really nice for everybody to have a specific ubiboot image to flash for people who only want Sailfish. No NitDroid, no Ubuntu, no B2G, only Harmattan and Sailfish.
That's actually a pretty good idea.
It would actually just require a recompile of the CPIO to have such a sailfish-only menu, and binding that with an ubiboot.conf that has nice presets for Sailfish.

i don't kow if it has been said yet, mysatroker.ko is myriads implementation of /dev/binder, with an extra "master" component which is not available in androids binder, i've tried to backport the module to the old n950 kernel but the kernel misses a few functions, it might be possible to patch the module so it works, or we could try to implement that master thingy into androids binder or into a replacement module like https://github.com/rong1129/android-binder-ipc (i've used that succesfully when i tried to run a android chroot like thingy on my phone to launch android services, that project died though due to surfaceflinger, egl and gles problems)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
mysatroker is short for MYriad Share Anything TROugh KERnel

The Following User Says Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
To be completely be on the legal/safe side we would need to rewrite the bootclasspath, and the other services which alien implements, we can reuse actual open source binaries from android by using the method i described in the apkenv development post

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
ls -la /sbin/preinit*

That is not cause of this, there are other things later that you may encounter in Harmattan due to it but it does not affect booting.
I have read the uniboot thread thoroughly. I would like to say thank you for mentioning about the preinit.
I have solved the problem and my device now can boot either harmattan or sailfish.
Everything is working smoothly so far...

A million thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qu3 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish