Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Will plug-ins such as Flash ever be enabled or is that beyond what will happen for this port?
I find it extremely unlikely that Flash will ever be supported. Supporting Flash is a lot of very hard and very frustrating work, and none of us are interested in doing it at the moment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
bah, still seems to think the 800 screen is 1024 or something.
I don't understand what you mean?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i have zoom set to 100%, yet when i visit pages that are flexible width (like this forums mobile theme) opera still render it wider then screen width and require me to zoom in before i can tap any link or similar.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i have zoom set to 100%, yet when i visit pages that are flexible width (like this forums mobile theme) opera still render it wider then screen width and require me to zoom in before i can tap any link or similar.
Ah yes. That is a known issue (not N800 specific, but the resolution of the N800 makes it much more common and obvious than on other devices).

I use Opera on all my PCs and I'm loving this Maemo version on my N900. Opera Link works great between my devices. If Flash was supported, I would never have to use the default N900 brower.

Good work guys, keep upgrading and enhancing this browser!

hm, was testing Geo-Location on html5demos.com/geo but i fails to find my location... Any ideas?

Edit: Ok, after a reboot it worked for me!

Last edited by WilmaXT; 2010-07-15 at 11:43.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
If anybody else is getting a black screen after the upgrade, delete the .opera directory in your home directory to fix it.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Thanks for the new release, I am very happy with using Opera

I am on AT&T in the U.S. which means I don't get 3G service and as discussed above I find that not using turbo is marginally better.

I do have one bug/anomaly I would like to report. I have set Opera to always work in landscape orientation but I find that it will switch to portrait when I rotate the device. Not a big deal for me.

Thanks,
Fred

The Following User Says Thank You to ffarber For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by ahockersten View Post
- Suspend JavaScript, animations etc. when screen saver activates.
This works well when the screen is off - Opera CPU activity drops to zero.

However, when Opera 10.1 Beta is in the background and another application has the foreground (ie. maximised) I can still see Opera chewing up the CPU - for example, with the new BBC News home page open in Opera but with Modest the active application, Opera is still (according to htop over an ssh session) using up to 60% CPU continuously (most likely due to the Javascript ticker on the BBC News page).

By contrast, the built-in MicroB browser seems to handle this same situation much better, with CPU usage dropping to near zero when another application is maximised.

Perhaps the Javascript, animations etc. can be suspended in Opera 10.1 when another application is maximised, and not just when the screen saver activates?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
ahockersten

Thanks for this new release.

Imho this is the best user interface browser for N900.

There is just an annoyance that i think should be very easy to solve: i can't set a custom user agent string.

Some versions of opera have that option in:

about:config -> User Prefs -> CustomUser-Agent

Why is this option missing in this version.

Without this i can´t access some of my gsm provider pages.

They are only available for iPhones or for any browser that can fool them with a proper custom user agent string.

Please consider these as a feature request and keep up the good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to sacal For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera