Am alone in thinking that I want a tablet with the screen size of the N800, sound quality as good as that, with a 3g phone in it as well, rather than a phone which is trying to be a tablet (N900)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 12vibes For This Useful Post:
I consider the n900 a tablet first, then phone. But yes I do want that (though having a hard keyboard is nice)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I would like something that would JUST fit in my pocket (even if a tight fit) but would negate the need for me to ever carry my laptop around.

So 4.5 possibly even 5" so that 1024x800 would be usable.

The N900 is the closest to what I want so far. I am impressed how readable this forum is without zooming for example. However I could definitely live with a larger device as I am not shy to having heavy bulky pockets.

With the weight of the N900 I doubt it would be much heavier, might even be lighter if they can spread out the insides further so things need less shielding from each other.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
Add a poll this will be simpler.

IMO the n900 is a phone that can do more and I believe this is how 95% of people will see it (eventually).

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I've not made a phone call since 2nd day I got it, I mostly communicate with email and IM, I certainly don't use it like a phone, i only use the cellular functionality for data plan

Originally Posted by 12vibes View Post
Am alone in thinking that I want a tablet with the screen size of the N800, sound quality as good as that, with a 3g phone in it as well, rather than a phone which is trying to be a tablet (N900)?
I see it as an "all you can take with you" - device. All single features can be done better by another specialized device.

So for a tablet it's to small, for a phone it's to big, Cameras with optic take better photos, a mp3-player is smaller, for writing emails a laptop would be more comfortable, my Garmin nuevi does better navigation, my Sony eBookreader is more comfortable for reading, ...

But N900 fits in my pocket. So it's right here when I need it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wire-less For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
I've not made a phone call since 2nd day I got it, I mostly communicate with email and IM, I certainly don't use it like a phone, i only use the cellular functionality for data plan
Pretty much how I'll be using it. I rarely make phone calls if the person I want to contact is online or reachable by SMS. It's only if the person is reachable by phone (usually my parents) that I call.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by 12vibes View Post
You are not alone. Two things kept me from buying the N900. The smaller screen size, and the fact that I cannot use it on my Verizon Wireless plan.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
You are not alone. Two things kept me from buying the N900. The smaller screen size, and the fact that I cannot use it on my Verizon Wireless plan.
I would have liked a screen the same size as the N810 and keyboard was good too. stick the power of the N900 in and cell stack I would have been very happy.

I do however view it as a pocket computer that makes calls when I want it too. More of the functionality and hardware is geared to a computing device than a phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
As one who is old enough to remember when cell phones really were big, I would have no problem with an N810 sized device and would actually like for it to be bigger (but lighter). Ideally, about a 3x5 inch screen with a minimal bezel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post: