Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Hi.
I just wanted to ask if there're the plans to make some theming software for Canola? I wanted to make some new theme for "non fullscreen" usage that looks like OS'08 but .edj file is unopenable Thanks in advance

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Wazd, this was already asked, and yes indeed we plan to do. but unfortunately you will not be able to do "non fullscreen" themes. The whole design is build around the available canvas, then the impossibility of doing this... : /

Our plan is to provide at least a easy way for non-linux users to do the theme without needing to install EFL. Just grab a public design sheet ( a photoshop file) that we will provide that has all images already on place, replace (draw / design) yours on top.. slice it in photoshop... and send zipped to a webservice, you will get the theme done already in a testable debian file.

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Well, your current themes handles pretty well in windowed mode Maybe I just mistakin in describing what I want to do but you got it right
Thanks for the reply, I'll be waiting

Are you running out of fullscreen?

Noway! It's great! Just was surprised how good Canola resizes to the smalller screen

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I wonder, for us losers with zero photoshop skillz, if it might be possible to automate the theming a bit through a web form. Check Ownskin.com (which allows theming for alot of cellphones) for an idea of what I'm talking about. I'd bet that most users might just want limited theming abilities, such as background and maybe ui-button colors. Any chance this could be done through a web-based app, rather than having to go through a whole Photoshop image?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Apologies for my ignorance but could someone please explain Canola2 "windowed" mode to me. My understanding is that Canola2 will only work in full screen mode on the NIT's. (So Windowed mode?)

@Rcadden : yes we were think about this, actually even inside canola (you could choose the picture for background and the color hue) but seems that compiling the theme inside canola would be a little bit too much.

So first plan is to have a webservice to help users to create packages for install based on a bunch of zips.

If we managed to make this work, then we can for sure make a simple interface that takes a base theme and can change it's hue, background etc and send to the previous service to create the installable file

But of course gives us a little bit of time, everyone is focused on making out of beta, and we have bold deadlines x features combinations

@Mikel : I think he hit a "bug" and was able to leave fullscreen. Canola indeed scale up and down pretty nicely, that's one of our "little secrets". Gustavo lot's of time was working on Canola on full hd, and while we do not use icon scalling, on desktop system it could be used easily.

But: why we don't provide window mode, while some windows do look good in windowed mode, others are clearly "messed" up and this will become even worst when the keyboard layer appears on n810 eg. So, instead of punishing the whole application trying also to "adapt" to the lack of space of the windowed mode, we decided to focus on features what we are doing..

But I think it's not easy to find the bug, because he's the only one talking about it )))

Wazd: how did you do it ? (I promise we will not fix it........not)

Marcelo

thru the X-Term:
canola -n

Well, the only thing that not resizes is timeline

The Following User Says Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by wazd View Post
thru the X-Term:
canola -n
Thanks! I'm reinstalling Canola now to try this out. It's been the lack of a non-fullscreen mode that has kept driving me back to the standard Media Player.