i'm looking at migrating from T-Mobile to Three.
I've just got a month-by-month sim with them and for five quid less a month (£15) I get a few less talk-time 'minutes' to non-three phones, free voicemail, free calls to customer service and I don't suffer from the various data usage restrictions (no IM, VoIP etc) that T-mo have.
Also, in my tests my bandwith has gone from ~3Mb/s to ~8Mb/s

I've heard abnecdotal warnings about network coverage and quality but I heard similar horror stories about T-Mo and had no problems.

Does anyone have any up to dat experience with them?

Oh, and yes, the Three SIM card bug has definately been fixed

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
no idea but you can give it a try and then share your experience here. People experienced different outcome. I am on Vodafone Network and it is great. I got more 3G signal and coverage than my N95

Works fine for me with a 3 PAYG SIM. The free data allowance (100MB for 90 days with every top-up) is more than enough for my needs.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Midlands UK
i was with three for 18 months with unlimited allowance and got nowhere.Swithched to t mobile who offer slightly less for the same money and have good coverage compared to 3.With 3 my connection was hap hazard all thr time and varied massively, much more stable with t mobile and less (missing connection).

The Following User Says Thank You to stigslim For This Useful Post:
That's ex€tly what I am planning on doing. I figured that if It's rubbish then I'm only £15 down, but I figured I'd see what other opinions are out there.

I've had it only a day and tried it in two locations with no issues and am trying to suppress my urge to get a pac code right now

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Works fine for me with a 3 PAYG SIM. The free data allowance (100MB for 90 days with every top-up) is more than enough for my needs.
Heh, you just reminded me that I has a little disagreement with the shop assistant who ikmplied that there's no way I could reasonably reach the 1GB transfer cap. not much of a challenge if you ask me.

I am with t-mobile uk, i used to have 2 contracts with them before i had wifi and both contracts had web n walk plus (3gb per month) and i went over my limit on both sims a lot, yes i used over 6gb of data lol, and that was with a nokia n96, so be careful now we have a full web browser it will eat a lot more data.

*note i used to upload/download a lot of files per month, web browsing alone would not amount to this much data.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
You should be getting 150MB: http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go...obile_internet

I have contracts on both Vodafone and 3. Surprisingly, I've never had a problem in terms of receiving a signal with 3 but with Vodafone, it won't cut off but just constantly fluctuate between the range of 2G and 3.5G.

It does help that I'm in London though.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by aahatimy View Post
I have contracts on both Vodafone and 3. Surprisingly, I've never had a problem in terms of receiving a signal with 3 but with Vodafone, it won't cut off but just constantly fluctuate between the range of 2G and 3.5G.

It does help that I'm in London though.
Yeah im having major problems with voda uk, The service is terrible and they dnt give a damn. 3uk data speeds are great in Croydon where i use a pay as you go and get £5 internet add on. But i must say that o2 is rock solid for data. But 3uk payg is by far the best for data, calls can be sketchy tho.