Active Topics

Other than the face difference (brushed silver -vs- black) and WiMAX, I can't see anything at all different between the 810 and the 810W(E?) Even the nokia.us site says nothing is different other than the wimax radio (and some wordage about realmedia being included or not).

Since I'm in a city that isn't likely to see wimax, is there any justification to pay the extra $55 for the 810W? Also, does anyone expect the original n810 price to drop when the 810W officially hits store shelves?

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Nope. I'm pretty sure WiMax is the only difference.

-T.

Is it possible to use the N810's WiMax in Adhoc mode? This would eliminate the need to use Sprint in the US, which bought out the rights to WiMax in non-Adhoc mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to johndoe32102002 For This Useful Post:
Thanks timsamoff. I figured that was it. I'll give it a week from when they launch to see if the original n810 goes down, then scoop one up and wait for the 900 patiently like everyone else.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Unless the N810 WiMax also has WiFi it's not a really a replacement because of the limited availability of WiMax.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Naturally, the N810 WiMAX has wifi in addition to its more specialized radio.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Willoughby, Ohio USA
Actually I was surfing the internet fine on Tampa's WiMAX connection a few months ago Oh and I own the n810 not the W.E. lol so it seems the the face is the difference here ppl. oh and just for note their the connection runs from 100% downtown to 30% at Busch Gardens.

;>

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by h3xc0ll1d3 View Post
Actually I was surfing the internet fine on Tampa's WiMAX connection a few months ago Oh and I own the n810 not the W.E. lol so it seems the the face is the difference here ppl. oh and just for note their the connection runs from 100% downtown to 30% at Busch Gardens.

;>
That made no sense to me.

You were connected to a WiMax connection... with the plain old N810 (not the WiMax edition)? How?

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Nope. I'm pretty sure WiMax is the only difference.
-T.
Even if from a user standpoint it is not relevant, there are a couple of differences:
- the OMAP is a High Security version
- the memory is using a finer process and the SDRAM comes in one single die, rather than 2

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to igor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by igor View Post
- the memory is using a finer process and the SDRAM comes in one single die, rather than 2
This means, in theory, better battery life. Difference is probably not measurable, and added wimax hw diminishes the gain anyway.

Tags
810 price, 810 vs 810w