Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
Many thanks to Lupin3D for the installation of Canola beta. Also the new file manager is terrific. Now we can see where all our files are going.

Everyone seems to think the problems we are having are due to all the activity on OS2008 inundating the Nokia servers. Does anyone know for sure? Is there firsthand knowledge? A company as big as Nokia would have fixed the problem a long time ago but the problem persists. Even at 4am. I can't believe there are that many N800 users up at that time. Is there a way to contact Nokia and find out for sure? Also the Canola people would have a vested interest in making sure this rollout works. I have not seen any dialog from them either.

Just so you don't think I don't know what I am talking about, I am a 30 year veteran of IBM mainframe operating systems and networks. I am new to Linux but catching on quickly. If only the naming conventions were more meaningful. I sometimes feel like I am reading Russian.

Anyway, Thanks again for all your help.

Hei =) We are always here =) And we were even more sad then the users with this repository problem. Why? simply because after so much work, so much problem... we finally made it.. and then BAM the repos goes down. But it happens, we are really cheering for them to fix it.

I personally asked permission to open a alternative repository, but I think people already did it,

So, we do have interest in everything in this working perfectly but its beyond our hands.

Marcelo
(if interests, I'm a interaction designer in the team)

Barbieri : is the lead developer
Morpheuz: is developer
and Kenne is also a developer...

Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
Everyone seems to think the problems we are having are due to all the activity on OS2008 inundating the Nokia servers. Does anyone know for sure? Is there firsthand knowledge? A company as big as Nokia would have fixed the problem a long time ago but the problem persists
Not that the situation is at all acceptable or that I'm defending it, but I really get the impression from being new around here that the 'Internet Tablet Division' of Nokia is small, underfunded, and routinely pull their developers off of projects to work on other priorities. Yes Nokia is a large company, but they probably provide poor connectivity/hardware to the ITT division.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
hey! thanks man! dont know if it worked or not yet. but seems to be downloading covers via xterm. yea. file manager kinda sucks. dont know why they dont allow you to access those files. you're the best
Not a problem kingka! So did it work for you? If so, where are you downloading the covers from? Maybe now you could help me I've also got a folder full of .jpgs for the cover art.

Thanks

Originally Posted by ebe51 View Post
A simple fix for the scrolling would to have the scrolling on the right side of the playlist area, and the "click to play on left side"
Hi, actully this is concerns more to me =) We are experimenting and improving this, but we want to make sure our future visions in the design are kept... it's easy to add icons, and clutter to the UI but we really want to avoid.

I know this may piss of some people, but I (say that because that is my job in the project) want to keep it as simple as possible and with less button as possible.

BUT we do acknowledge that the problem exists.. and we will fix it the best wy possible!

Thanks for the suggestions

Marcelo

Originally Posted by dont View Post
So what happens if you are plugged into your PC via USB. Then you copy some files to the Canola watched folders from the PC to the tablet?

I had to un-mark and then re-mark the folder as watched to get C2 to notice the changes.

Your description seems to confirm that these files would be missed.

Actually, it is worse than this because if you leave the tablet connected via USB you cannot navigate to sub-folders when you go to "Settings". Simply unmarking and re-marking the top-level folder "Internal Card", say, does not refresh the underlying marked folders so you have to disconnect and navigate down to the target folder.

Where do I post a bug?
Hi I think we will add a "force rescan button" in the settings, to give you that power, and of course improve the scanner.

The bug should be posted here :
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...25&func=browse

Thanks in advance!

Marcelo

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hi, actully this is concerns more to me =) We are experimenting and improving this, but we want to make sure our future visions in the design are kept... it's easy to add icons, and clutter to the UI but we really want to avoid.

I know this may piss of some people, but I (say that because that is my job in the project) want to keep it as simple as possible and with less button as possible.

BUT we do acknowledge that the problem exists.. and we will fix it the best wy possible!

Thanks for the suggestions

Marcelo

Don't add buttons or anything, just pretend there is an imaginary line that splits the screen, on left side you scroll, the right side allows for click and play. Then wouldn't have to add nothing on the UI, and it would function better.

Or better yet make it like a link on webpage were have to click on the text, and every else is scroll.

Last edited by ebe51; 2007-12-21 at 19:53.

I grabbed the 2 script files that were linked in this thread. moved them to home/user then ran the command. I think it grabs them from amazon.com.... only about 60% of the albums have covers. but I guess thats good enough.. for now.. at least untill I figure out how to manualy add cover art.

now I'm trying to get the video thumbs to work.. but thats not that important....

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Not a problem kingka! So did it work for you? If so, where are you downloading the covers from? Maybe now you could help me I've also got a folder full of .jpgs for the cover art.

Thanks

Don't add buttons or anything, just pretend there is an imaginary line that splits the screen, on left side you scroll, the right side allows for click and play. Then wouldn't have to add nothing on the UI, and it would function better.
Ebe, it may work, it may not... we will for surely test it (as we a testing th side scroll) and we will do some usability test .. and the best option will be there =)

I know this probably may sound too much for you, but believe some users will just not get it, and we want to be able to provide the best way.. so we will iterate upon our options and pick up the best one!

But don't worry.. a good solution will come =)

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Ebe, it may work, it may not... we will for surely test it (as we a testing th side scroll) and we will do some usability test .. and the best option will be there =)

I know this probably may sound too much for you, but believe some users will just not get it, and we want to be able to provide the best way.. so we will iterate upon our options and pick up the best one!

But don't worry.. a good solution will come =)
I not try to be rude, I'm just try through out some suggestion in an efford to help...Btw I edit that post I think a better idea might be to make like a link on a webpage where have to click on the text, and every else is scroll, just a though I'm sure you all will figure something out.

I not try to be rude, I'm just try through out some suggestion in an efford to help...Btw I edit that post I think a better idea might be to make like a link on a webpage where have to click on the text, and every else is scroll, just a though I'm sure you all will figure something out.
Yes yes don't worry =) the thing to hear from everyone is to really collect all cases, and try to not solve with a first solution, that can solve that particular problem and them not other. for example:

You said the text. Ok, not a problem, but imagine the guy having a video called
1.avi the smallest hit area ever : /

But Im thinking how to place a safe scroll (this can be optional) and then the "this songs optional touch space"

=)

I will try to post some solutions on my blog

BR

Marcelo

Closed Thread