Notices

Is there source available for the 2.4 kernel drivers, or are they binary only? Perhaps if the source were available, enough information about the chip could be derived to write a 2.6 driver?

They are binary only.

There are also binary only 2.6.x drivers available for the OMAP2420 devboard (though I don't have them, this was from the chap at the end of the omapgaming@ti.com email). I asked whether they were available, but didn't get an answer (they are for 2.6.10 iirc), and didn't bother pushing as I'm not sure whether they could be made to work somehow.

My understanding after talking to Ti and to Imagination Technologies is that they are in negotiations with Nokia and third parties (so they say) to provide a way of using the PowerVR MBX on the N800.

That's all I know, and I don't know what will come of it.

Anyone know of 2.4.x kernel drivers being wrapped for 2.6.x kernels? This, or reverse engineering them, seems to be the best option atm (other than sitting and waiting, but that is boring

Cheers,

Si

P.S. the kernel driver isn't all of it though, we also need the libGL*.so libraries (which are binary only again).

Last edited by lardman; 2007-02-23 at 11:22.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Mesquite, Texas
Still having trouble getting quetoo to start. I feel like I'm close to getting this to work.

XTerm reads:

~ $ /opt/maemo-quetoo/bin/maemo-quetoo.sh
Quetoo 0.5.1
Added pakfile /media/mmc1/quake2/baseq2/pak0.pak(1106 files)
using /home/user/.quake2/baseq2/ for writing
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
loading snd_sdl.so sound driver, ok
sound sampling rate: 48000

------- video initialization -------
loading vid_softsdl.so video driver, ok
864k surface cache
ref_soft version: SOFT 0.2

======== Quetoo Initialized ========

------- game initialization --------
trying /opt/maemo-quetoo/lib/quetoo/baseq2/game.so

==== InitGame ====
------- Server Initialization -------
ERROR: Couldn't load maps/base1.bsp
==== ShutdownGame ====

==== ShutdownGame ====

==== ShutdownGame ====

I've had no problems using the files from commercial Quake 2. I think Forgotten1 was trying to use the shareware/demo version. Has anyone else gotten the shareware to work?

Your right I'm using the shareware version. Maybe I'll get the commercial version. Thanks

From the last line of the log file, it looks like it is having trouble finding the map base1.bsp within the .pak file. Have you tried manually loading a map that you know is present in the shareware version?

Well I got Q2 to work by using the commercial files, however it freezes on me once i enter the first passage way? Anyone else having the same problem?

Need help with the quetoo.cfg file. Trying access this through root but xterm states that permission denied. Any Suggestions.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
What is the framerate like? And any update for the driver? It sucks having such a powerful, well relatively powerful accelerator go to waste.