Hey guys been using my n900 since end of jan and enjoyed it alot.
The community has come up with some great apps which has made the n900 a joy, like the emulators, VNC and modifications...many many more.( thank you!)

We know n900 has best browser but recently getting a bit bored of it as there is nothing new and we cant expect anything from nokia/ovi.

hoping pr 1.2 will bring some more excitement.

any one else feel the same?

Well yeah, me!
N900 is a great phone, it's the best in browsing in the market nowadays IMO, but for me, that's it! everything else is kinda normal..
Ovi store sucks! big time!
Applications are getting better, but slowly better, still looking ugly though.
I'm just hoping PR 1.2 will make an exciting difference..

The Following User Says Thank You to Hany For This Useful Post:
lol. Yeah. Wow. Ok.

Hey, here's a thought.... why don't you develop something interesting for the n900?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
I think Nokia pretty much killed it with the Meego announcement. Back in January the momentum of Maemo development was building up and it was all exciting - even I (not that I am special - just specially lazy) made a few ports and packaged it for Maemo. But after the Meego announcement I just completely lost interest and I reckon that's what happened to a lot of other people. I was excited about Maemo because it finally appeared as if Nokia had decided to push this as their next big platform - and when Nokia left it hanging - well - there's nothing left. For me I'd rather just stick with Symbian until they get their act together.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lbthomsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
no, i'm sure there is a bunch of rich kids out there that just got it as a christmas present and were bored with it a month after they got it.

Originally Posted by lbthomsen View Post
I think Nokia pretty much killed it with the Meego announcement. Back in January the momentum of Maemo development was building up and it was all exciting - even I (not that I am special - just specially lazy) made a few ports and packaged it for Maemo. But after the Meego announcement I just completely lost interest and I reckon that's what happened to a lot of other people. I was excited about Maemo because it finally appeared as if Nokia had decided to push this as their next big platform - and when Nokia left it hanging - well - there's nothing left. For me I'd rather just stick with Symbian until they get their act together.
I don't think Nokia killed it with Meego, rather that boosted interest in the maemo platform (or rather it's qt compatibility with future meego devices). It's Nokia's handling of PR 1.2 that is killing things. Nobody can get their apps tested if nobody has PR 1.2.

Not to mention there were a few games demoed a while back which are non-existent. probably due to a combination of ovi store and 1.2.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It's Nokia's handling of PR 1.2 that is killing things. Nobody can get their apps tested if nobody has PR 1.2.

Not to mention there were a few games demoed a while back which are non-existent. probably due to a combination of ovi store and 1.2.
agree with the above

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Originally Posted by lbthomsen View Post
Does the fact the Meego is coming make the N900 less useful? I don't know about you, but my N900 hasn't stopped working since MeeGo was announced.

Now, that's not to say that Nokia hasn't screwed up numerous times. Those have been discussed here ad-nauseum, so I won't go into it again with this post.

I for one would love to see the N900/Maemo/MeeGo have a lot more mainstream appeal. But for the time being I'm just looking to get as much use out of this thing as I can, and so far I'm getting a lot.

However, when it comes right down to it, it really depends on what you consider "useful."

The Following User Says Thank You to FreeThinker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I think there's been a lot of excitement. I was thrilled to play with the new kernels from Lehto and Titan, settling on minor overclocking for my device. Every week I find a new app in devel that I look at and think "That looks cool, I wish I had time to play with it!"

But I also don't live and breath on my phone, or expect it to be the hottest, newest gadget all the time. I've been using it more than it's predecessor, and would love to see it replace even more gadgets (like my GPS). And I have tons of ideas for things I'd love to see it do. But I just don't have time to do any of it. I can barely keep up with what's going on here most of the time!

I'm not as excited as the day I got it, no. Nothing is as exciting as a new toy. But I still love the phone, and still find new and interesting things going on with it. And really, even if that slows down or stops... I had my previous phone for 5 years (a 6230), and the last few years of it almost nothing changed on it. It did what I needed it to do, and was reliable, which are the two major things I look for in a phone and/or a computer. I suspect even if development completely stops for the N900, I'll be happy to have it and use it for several years until something major changes (like .11g becomes obsolete, or the GSM frequencies change, or HTML9 is out and nobody is coding in HTML4 anymore...) But that's all a long while off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Bored? Not yet. But I agree with the person who said that the meego announcement would have put off some devs. Why target your software at an obsolete platform when you can target iphone and android, which will get you sales today, tomorrow and even next year. I think a lot of them will probably target Meego now and skip Maemo altogether. Unless Nokia throws money at them.

Tags
booooooooooring, please go, please sell