Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
Did anyone yet build some counter to SF X events (Sep 27 and Oct 11)?

I would like to download from Play Store an Android counter app to "SFX" which will self-destroy (and possibly wreak havoc) on October 11...
What? If sailfish could sing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Kyyvdc-ns

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
So my Sony Xperia X arrived. I'm happy that it's exactly the same dimensions as Jolla C, I had the wrong expression it would be a bigger phone.

But it's quite useless brick for now until Sailfish arrives for it. But I'm ready.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Ok, thanks to mal from #sailfish-porters we now have fully working dual-sim F5122
Oh really ? That's amazing, great work! But I saw the following comment from James on the blog today: "According to our tests, F5122 will not be fully functional for the first release.".
Did you spot what could be not fully functional?

/dev/sailfish/root 2.4G 1.1G 1.3G 46% /
Is this the partition where the OS is installed? Why is it still so small? I remember that it caused some upgrade issues for some people: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ata-partition/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sthocs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sthocs View Post
Oh really ? That's amazing, great work! But I saw the following comment from James on the blog today: "According to our tests, F5122 will not be fully functional for the first release.".
Did you spot what could be not fully functional?
No. I successfully received a call on one sim, and went online thru the other sim. It's ok for me.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Indeed I miss my fairphone wit SFOS except it's camera and battery time... Camera, Battery and Display is way better on XZs compared to Jolla1 and FP2.
Not to take this thread offtopic much, but it's a well known quirk that if you dont keep wifi enabled on FP2 and instead use the internet over 3/4G instead, your battery life is easily in several days.

It is indeed quite unfortunate that leaving wifi on even while the phone is idling will drain the FP2 battery in a single day.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lkravovicz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
No. I successfully received a call on one sim, and went online thru the other sim. It's ok for me.
So what is it that does not work on the f5122? Bluetooth I guess haha ;-p
Are you using it as a daily driver?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
Are you using it as a daily driver?
Nah. Just playing with it like 5 minutes a day. There are only 9 apps installed from the box and no harbour.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Nah. Just playing with it like 5 minutes a day. There are only 9 apps installed from the box and no harbour.
https://openrepos.net/
Did Jolla asked to not share too much info?
Like :
  • bluetooth status: file transfer, headset
  • camera pics / videos
  • connectivity: thanks for the dual-sim test! Is MTP working? Wifi.
  • speaker
  • GPS
Of course we can wait, but since this topic exists, why not share a bit more!

Last edited by Sthocs; 2017-09-19 at 08:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sthocs For This Useful Post:
They've released the sources. You can build the fw yourself and see what's there. Also there's a pre-compiled fw posted on irc channel yesterday by one of the users.

PS BT doesn't work for now. Music in headphones is good! I couldn't accept N9's audio quality, so had to stick to old ipod classic (N9 imho was somewhat worse). I think now I can listen to music on X (though time will tell). I'm using sennheiser px-100 ii.

Last edited by lantern; 2017-09-19 at 09:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
They released the sources. You can build the fw yourself and see what's there. Also there's a pre-compiled fw posted on irc channel yesterday by one of the users.

PS BT doesn't work for now. Music in headphones is good! I couldn't accept N9's audio quality, so had to stick to old ipod classic (N9 imho was somewhat worse). I think now I can listen to music on X. I'm using sennheiser px-100 ii.
Sorry to be one of the many asking a thousand questions, how far in your opinion is Sailfish X from being a daily driver ready?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x