Is it just me or does the OS software update to 2005.45-8 provide significant performance gains? I previously had 2005.45-7 which came on my device which I bought yesterday at Comp USA

Specifically I am noting much faster browser opening and much faster opening of applications and moving between applications. Browsing itself also may be somewhat faster but not so noticable.

I am still getting the lack of memory warning after with several apps running. I'm also getting occasional hangs requiring exiting the browser as I was previously.

Originally Posted by eye.surgeon
Is it just me or does the OS software update to 2005.45-8 provide significant performance gains? I previously had 2005.45-7 which came on my device which I bought yesterday at Comp USA
I thought for a minute you'd got that wrong, but then looked at the maemo announce list and the latest version is announced as 2005.45-8. Then I checked my 770 which I updated with that download, or at least I thought I did, and it's version 2005.45-7.

So now I'm completely confused. I'll download and reflash tonight and let you know.

Specifically I am noting much faster browser opening and much faster opening of applications and moving between applications. Browsing itself also may be somewhat faster but not so noticable.
2005.45-7 bought some fairly big improvement in switching and loading. If 2005.45-8 is even better then it'll be well worth applying.

I am still getting the lack of memory warning after with several apps running. I'm also getting occasional hangs requiring exiting the browser as I was previously.
Memory problems are the nature of the beast at the moment I'm afraid, as, it seems, are browser crashes on some sites

The Following User Says Thank You to andymulhearn For This Useful Post: