Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Getting an iPhone for a six year old kid? Isn't that a bit overkill?
On the contrary, I have been told that it would be the most obvious and the most suitable solution. (Get them an iPhone 3 or 4, of course. Not X, that would be silly.)

Originally Posted by lal View Post
If the "where" in your post is not limited to Europe, well, in more than half the landmass of the world I guess.
I was assuming the article was referring to US dollars, and that the US prices are comparable to UK. (Yes, we all know that the US is much cheaper than the UK but I was not expecting it would be that much.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
I've been in contact with Planet Computers on their Facebook page.

Apparently the Sailfish build for the Gemini PDA is only a community port with no planned Android support at this point.

The good news however it that you should be able to download it from their website at some point and flash it onto a regular Gemini PDA.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/planetcom/p...74117696075095

Last edited by LouisDK; 2018-02-27 at 19:22.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
this whole fake 3310 thing is interesting but I don't remember Jolla ever claiming it was the Nokia 3310

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
this whole fake 3310 thing is interesting but I don't remember Jolla ever claiming it was the Nokia 3310
Correct; also actually in a video which was shared by ( SFOS South America iirc ,edit this one) they state it is *not* a NOKIA device.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Correct; also actually in a video which was shared by ( SFOS South America iirc ,edit this one) they state it is *not* a NOKIA device.
Yep he did say multiple times this is just a feature phone and NOT a Nokia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
I've been in contact with Planet Computers on their Facebook page.

Apparently the Sailfish build for the Gemini PDA is only a community port with no planned Android support at this point.

The good news however it that you should be able to download it from their website at some point and flash it onto a regular Gemini PDA.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/planetcom/p...74117696075095
OTOH Jolla on FB said Gemini would be officially supported - whatever that means in the context of the statement given by Planet Computers...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
On the contrary, I have been told that it would be the most obvious and the most suitable solution. (Get them an iPhone 3 or 4, of course. Not X, that would be silly.)
I am looking for a communication device (at least calls and sms, preferably also Whatsapp), not a device to consume media.

Therefore, a dumb phone is superior over an iPhone (battery lasts weeks vs. one day, is indestructible vs. has huge screen that will brake etc.).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
OTOH Jolla on FB said Gemini would be officially supported - whatever that means in the context of the statement given by Planet Computers...
The Gemini PDA runs Android by default, right ? So at least the building blocks (an Android hardware adaptation for the device) should be in place for enabling Android emulation support the way it's currently done.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
There are some good videos on periscope courtesy of @SailfishOSnews

https://www.pscp.tv/SailfishOSNews/1mnxeXZqVBNJX

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post: