I didn't get an email about the shipment (no, not in the spam folder either). But I did get my TOHKBD. However, the stiff O key is so annoying it spoils the experience. Dirk, do you think it should get better in use? Or is there something I can do to help it?

not typed on my TOHKBD2

The Following User Says Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
I didn't get an email about the shipment (no, not in the spam folder either). But I did get my TOHKBD. However, the stiff O key is so annoying it spoils the experience. Dirk, do you think it should get better in use? Or is there something I can do to help it?

not typed on my TOHKBD2
it should get better in time, parts need to settle in place. if not, let me know to figure something out.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
It works quite okay for me, depending on the app. I can take notes easily most of the time, but when I use the browser and connect the keyboard I can only type a few characters before either letters repeat themselves or the keyboard doesn't respond at all.
Sometimes the repetition of letters keeps on going even after the keyboard part is physically disconnected, and I need to reconnect /disconnect it again for the repetition to stop and for the disconnection to be detected.
I suspect this comes from the software as it is definitely much more stable in the notes app. Is there any log somewhere to see what is going on?

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Nicocys View Post
It works quite okay for me, depending on the app. I can take notes easily most of the time, but when I use the browser and connect the keyboard I can only type a few characters before either letters repeat themselves or the keyboard doesn't respond at all.
Sometimes the repetition of letters keeps on going even after the keyboard part is physically disconnected, and I need to reconnect /disconnect it again for the repetition to stop and for the disconnection to be detected.
I suspect this comes from the software as it is definitely much more stable in the notes app. Is there any log somewhere to see what is going on?
Just to be clear: do you mean the stock browser or some other browser like WebCat or WebPirate?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
In Settings using for Delay? (Aloitusviive) 380 ms and Repetition speed? (Toiston nopeus) 80 ms seems to fix the multiple character problem
Where are these settings you mention? I tried looking around but couldn't find the location where they are set...
I've noticed also some issues with getting multiple chars accidentally (mostly with spacebar but also letters) and I could imagine those could help there. Not to mention the super-speedy backspace which easily can wipe off way too much if kept pressed down a fraction of a second too long since there seems to be some lag at least in some application wrt updating the typed content.

Originally Posted by PekkU View Post
I did get Kickstarter mails in my Inbox. Checked also junk mail folder. No shippped notification there.
Same here.

The Following User Says Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Just to be clear: do you mean the stock browser or some other browser like WebCat or WebPirate?

Both. Also, it doesn't work at all in android apps (all the lights work as expected, it is just that nothing is typed).

Originally Posted by zagrim View Post
Where are these settings you mention? I tried looking around but couldn't find the location where they are set...
I've noticed also some issues with getting multiple chars accidentally (mostly with spacebar but also letters) and I could imagine those could help there. Not to mention the super-speedy backspace which easily can wipe off way too much if kept pressed down a fraction of a second too long since there seems to be some lag at least in some application wrt updating the typed content.
When installing the software, icon "TOHKBD Settings" will be there. You can access those setting by scrolling down in the settings page.

The Following User Says Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
When installing the software, icon "TOHKBD Settings" will be there. You can access those setting by scrolling down in the settings page.
Aww, didn't look for an application for it, my bad. Thanks.

Has anyone made custom boston.qmap file for the scandic version of TOHKBD? I'm just wondering if I should start making one but I would like to avoid doing the work if someone already has done it.

Sami

The Following User Says Thank You to samik For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd