Active Topics

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I have a problem with scandic letters on TOHKBD:
When I hit the ö/ä keys I get ;/'

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
My scandic TOHKBD has also incorrect key mappings. no scandic letters. seems to me that it's on US layout.

can't change the layout as the option is grayed out in the settings app

The Following User Says Thank You to samik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Not installing from store to me.

Is the phone supposed to recognize the OH same way as official Jolla halfs or TOHOLED?

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Gt mine tday. Wrks fine, except that there's ne key that needs t be pressed real hard fr it t register.

typed n my THKBD2
Well, mine has that issue with M. No "click", no any kind of tactile response, and must press really hard, which tends to produce more than one char. Impossible to type passwords with m on that... Not really happy about it, or the lack of Scandinavian chars from the corresponding keys, but I assume the latter won't take long to get fixed.

I'd go happy happy joy joy, but that one "dead" key spoils the fun.

Congrats for the guys for their success with the project, though!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Mine clicks just fine and there's a slight barely noticiable tactile response.

From physical side my only big problem is that I usually have pens, scissors, cigarette lighters, etc. lying around on table with my phone. The magnets on the OH are so strong that half of the crap on my table rises with the phone when I pick it up.

EDIT: oh and I guess that the NFC chip on it doesn't work since I seem unable to get the phone install the software.

Last edited by Rauha; 2015-06-12 at 15:25.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Helsinki
Did you put the Tohkbd cover in place already yesterday when the ambience was not yet available? Try to remove and re-install.

I received mine today, waited till the install pack was announced to be available and then switched TOH. Recognised TOHKBD correctly and installed the stuff promptly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PekkU For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by samik View Post
My scandic TOHKBD has also incorrect key mappings. no scandic letters. seems to me that it's on US layout.

can't change the layout as the option is grayed out in the settings app
Exactly the same problem here.

The keyboard design is wonderful but I'm bit disappointed that some buttons requires much more force to press, which makes it slower to write on than the N900 keyboard. But maybe they will soften with some use.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Helsinki
At first my 'A' and '-' key appeared dead, 'E' and 'Y' worked but required more force than the others. Now getting better, only '-' requires special attention. Hope that all the keys get smoother and typing gets faster within 1 -2 weeks usage.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PekkU For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by PekkU View Post
At first my 'A' and '-' key appeared dead, 'E' and 'Y' worked but required more force than the others. Now getting better, only '-' requires special attention. Hope that all the keys get smoother and typing gets faster within 1 -2 weeks usage.
It would be wonderful if the semi-non-functionality would "wear off" with use, really. I am little pessimistic, though, that a key with no tactile response would get the response back with use (not really knowing how the keypad physically works under the covers).
Anyway, I assume that typing will get faster with practice as with any new keyboard. Fingers are good at learning stuff

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I have a W 3 E broblem. any of those 3 buttons might give one or two correct characters, but after that button "stays on" and it keeps givin endless eeeeeeeeeee... only way t stop eeeee is close keyboard and swipe it out again.

Coud that be a sofware broblem, or is my kbd broken?

E: actually W button gives "we" or endless wwwwwwww

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pakana For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd