Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
That's not a technical reason. What makes you think that permission is required from Google (or Android as you put it)? Android apps already run out-of-the-box on non-Android devices such as the Blackberry PlayBook without permission from Google.
Which android apps work without mods on other OSs? None. Google may even restrict access to gmail.

You guys are delusional. Starting with the fact that Jolla is so original ...it's stealing Android apps. Brilliant for a revolutionary OS

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Please stop spreading FUD and provide a technical reason why you believe that it will not be possible to replicate an Android environment inside Sailfish.
well, I tried them on BB and most of them suck in every posible way. In fact, that experience convinced me that I don't care about android compatibility and I would be really happy if that crap can be turnd of, uninstalled and that app store (or whatever the name will be) won't accept crappy android ports.
If I'll ever need any android app I'll use my note. Or in case that I don't have android device I would by one. There's a plenty to choose for about 200€, and they are quite decent spec vise and surely will do the job better than BB does and I will save some hair.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
But it's already been established (yonks ago) that what BBX uses, appears to be substantively different to what's planned for Sailfish.
Whether or not that's a good or bad thing, remains to be seen...
And according to the latest updates in the main BBX threads here, some other users experiences seem to be wildly different to yours.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-07-21 at 04:31. Reason: typo

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Just started to watch at one of the aKaDEmy videos just released:

David Greaves talks about MeR and Qt

http://files.kde.org/akademy/2013/vi...er_and_Qt.webm

All videos take a look if you are intrested in Qt/KDE and MeR community

http://files.kde.org/akademy/2013/videos/

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-07-20 at 22:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Which android apps work without mods on other OSs?
That doesn't mean it's not possible to implement.

Google may even restrict access to gmail.
You only need an IMAP client to access GMail so your point is irrelevant.

You guys are delusional. Starting with the fact that Jolla is so original ...it's stealing Android apps. Brilliant for a revolutionary OS
I'm not sure how running non-native apps equates to stealing.

I'm now going to stop replying to your posts as you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. May I ask that you stop littering this thread with BS or perhaps a mod can take care of it if it continues?

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
well, I tried them on BB and most of them suck in every posible way. In fact, that experience convinced me that I don't care about android compatibility and I would be really happy if that crap can be turnd of, uninstalled and that app store (or whatever the name will be) won't accept crappy android ports.
If I'll ever need any android app I'll use my note. Or in case that I don't have android device I would by one. There's a plenty to choose for about 200€, and they are quite decent spec vise and surely will do the job better than BB does and I will save some hair.
I can't speak for Android compatibility on BBOS as I've not tried it. What I will say is that any problems will be down to that particular implementation. I am still waiting to hear a technical reason why it would not be possible to replicate an Android environment under Sailfish that could provide 100% or very high compatibility. My main concern would be memory consumption but if it can be unloaded then I don't have a problem with it.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just started to watch at one of the aKadEmy videos just released:

David Greaves talks about MeR and Qt

http://files.kde.org/akademy/2013/vi...er_and_Qt.webm

All videos take a look if you are intrested in Qt/KDE and MeR community

http://files.kde.org/akademy/2013/videos/
How to play those on N900? (googling did not help me much or I did not search goog enough )

Edit:

I have tried mplayer but no luck, then remembered that there was something like extra decoders support but didnt see it in HAM - apt get decoders-support did the trick but the video doesn't run smooth even on slightly OC N900 with dsp profile loaded

Last edited by fw190; 2013-07-20 at 22:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Please stop spreading FUD and provide a technical reason why you believe that it will not be possible to replicate an Android environment inside Sailfish.
It works better if you put LM on your ignore list like myself and many others have done. everything else is a waste of keystrokes, if you care about substantive posting.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2013-07-20 at 21:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
That doesn't mean it's not possible to implement.

You only need an IMAP client to access GMail so your point is irrelevant.

I'm not sure how running non-native apps equates to stealing.

I'm now going to stop replying to your posts as you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. May I ask that you stop littering this thread with BS or perhaps a mod can take care of it if it continues?

I can't speak for Android compatibility on BBOS as I've not tried it. What I will say is that any problems will be down to that particular implementation. I am still waiting to hear a technical reason why it would not be possible to replicate an Android environment under Sailfish that could provide 100% or very high compatibility. My main concern would be memory consumption but if it can be unloaded then I don't have a problem with it.

I am not sure why are you getting all huffey and puffey, but i will tell you what, gmail on Harmattan sucked. Why? Because Jolla geniuses couldnt do it. And you expect them to make android apps work smooth on their platform. This is fanboyish delusion. I hope people are not buying Jolla device with a delusion that Android apps will run as good as on Android device. And yes, taking Android apps is honetly not very revolutionary. You are sucking another mamas breast.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who derailed this thread?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open