Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I could do a deb for obexd v 0.30, but I cannot include IRMC since as of now mirakels did not finish polishing for publishing.
Would it be useful?

Well, most of the 0.30 stuff is already in my binaries posted before. The 0.30+ also have some nice fixes.

I have no time/experience on how to create a .deb and how to put it in a repo. I can drop you my latest diff (against current obexd head) os you can maybe build a .deb out of it. The code is pretty clean now I guess...

I think most of the pbap patches are also in in my local tree, exept for the multiple entries problem (eg contacts from the sim card) fiexed by Tuxy.

As we seem to agree the libopenobex 1.5 is also needed it would be nice to also have a .deb for that. We could keep it very limited (e.g. only the library itself without all the doc files) name it differently to avoid deinstallation of the old libopenobex in case some other tool uses it.

Building a libopenobex from source got me a libopenobex.so.2.0. I installed that in scratchbox and build obexd to get one that uses the new library version. It works fine on my phone.

The "callerid not shown" problem is probably not related to obexd that just happens with my carkit

The Following User Says Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
Well, most of the 0.30 stuff is already in my binaries posted before. The 0.30+ also have some nice fixes.

I have no time/experience on how to create a .deb and how to put it in a repo. I can drop you my latest diff (against current obexd head) os you can maybe build a .deb out of it. The code is pretty clean now I guess...
I saw your upstream patch. I will wait for that merged into master. I am on holiday starting from saturday and I won't have a computer with me. So I think the .deb has to wait 10 days.
For those who don't want to wait :
login scratchbox
create dir <builddir>
copy obexd source to <builddir>
copy obexd-packaging to <builddir>
copy additional patches to <builddir>/debian/patches like the patch for pc-suite
run command "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" in <builddir>

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
I gave it a try. Here are two .deb packages

libopenobex2 with the newer openopex library. I just sits next to libopenobex1 so it should just be able to coexist on your device.
This .deb is a requirement for installing:

obexd-0.30.
This package replaces the old obexd package on your system so you need reinstall obexd-0.18 to go back the maemo version (See instructions in post #1).

The package should include everything discussed as added...
pbap,
irmc,
pcsuite,
multiple phone numbers per contact,
skip SIM contact requests,
vcard separation with CRLF between ENV:VCARD and BEGIN:VCARD.

Furthermore it is based on the latest upstream obexd code.

Pcsuite mode should work with both the default maemo signalling (e.g. kill ...) and with dbus signalling.
Attached Files
File Type: deb libopenobex2_1.5_armel.deb (19.8 KB, 3018 views)
File Type: deb obexd_0.30-0mm_armel.deb (57.6 KB, 155 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I gave it a try. Here are two .deb packages
Awesome mirakels!
After downgrading to original obex I installed the 2 .deb-files from you and was able to test pc suite and car connection successfully :-)

Gonna update the wiki with this waaaay easier approach soon !

Two more things
1) We had this "False Maemo5 update" issue and had to remove this package mp-fremantle-205-pr to get rid of this error message.
Now that we have a proper install, is this issue solved?
If yes, how can I reinstall this package?

2) Whats the difference between those 2 pc suite modes you mention?

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
1) We had this "False Maemo5 update" issue and had to remove this package mp-fremantle-205-pr to get rid of this error message.
Now that we have a proper install, is this issue solved?
If yes, how can I reinstall this package?
hm, I'm not aware of this. What do you mean with "False Maemo5 update"?

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
2) Whats the difference between those 2 pc suite modes you mention?
When you select PCsuite mode when connection to your PC with USB, the system wants to notify the obexd that a pcsuite connection has been made.
For this the /usr/sbin/pcsuite-enable.sh script is run on your n900.
This script will send a 'kill -USR1' to the obexd process. This works fine with the old obexd-0.18 version.
The newer obexd code changed the signalling method by using dbus services and does not respond to the 'kill -USR1' anymore. That was the reason for the pcsuite problems when we started using our patched obexd.

Using the mentioned dbus commands will fix this but then we need to change the pcsuite-enable.sh script (which I did locally).

So to not make things to complex the obexd in above deb package will support both methods.

For those interested I've attached my local version of /usr/sbin/pcsuite-enable.sh and /usr/sbin/pcsuite-disable.sh.
Attached Files
File Type: gz pcsuite-disable.sh.gz (651 Bytes, 126 views)
File Type: gz pcsuite-enable.sh.gz (1.0 KB, 134 views)

hm, I'm not aware of this. What do you mean with "False Maemo5 update"?
The manual replacement installation we used so far caused the application manager to show a update to Maemo 5 which was obiously wrong and not installable. Removing the mp-fremantle-205-pr package solved this, but

The mp-fremantle-205-pr package appears to be a dummy package that describes ALL of Fremantle. The removal of this package MIGHT cause headaches down the road when PR1.3/4/2.0/whatever comes out (or any distribution upgrade for that matter). In any case, re-installation of that dummy package and the removal of openobex1.5 would fix the problem... I just checked on my phone and I HAVE removed mp-fremantle-205-pr (like I said before, I probably forgot to document it). I have not run into any issues regarding that package yet.
Source: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=168

So, in order to avoid future trouble it would be nice if this could be solved by re-installing this package, but I am not sure if this is the case and how to do it...

Ok I think I see what you mean. I already installed the new obexd package on my device and after that tried to upgrad another package using apt-get. Then I sam the mp_fremantle problem, requiring obexd-0,18....

This my be a bit difficult to resolve. I tried renaming the obexd-0.30 package to obexd2-0.30 to avoid 'replacing' obexd-0.18/ But then the package manager complains about overwriting files already owned by obexd-0.18...

HAve to think about this.

ok I build a package with some renamed files.

The post install script will move away he old obxd and obexd.service file an uses symbolic links to use the new ones.

Deinstalling the package will remove the symbolic links and set back the original files.

Hence, to go back to the original setup just uninstall the obexd2 package!

this should fix the appmanager and/or mp-fremantle issue.
Attached Files
File Type: deb obexd2_0.30-0maemo1_armel.deb (57.4 KB, 1809 views)

Hm, installed your new .deb using dpgk -i and it seems to work.
But in order to see if the false update issue is solved I think I would need to re-install mp-fremantle-205-pr package - How can I do this?

something like aptfget install mp-fremantle-205-generic or something like that. search the forum for mp-fremantle. There should be someing useful. it was also discussed in the overclocking topics.

ps: maybe it is best to first get back to a proper obexd0.18 state before installing my package so the proper 0.18 stae is saved by the postinst script.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile