Notices

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
I've never seen this behavior - you're not pushing the "Download..." button, I presume...

Did the dialog always behave this way, or did it happen after a certain (or uncertain?) event? If the latter, I would try using the "Reset..." button in the dialog and/or gconftool-2 to clear all of your Maemo Mapper settings.. (If the dialog has always duplicated, then this won't have any effect.)

Weird indeed. Did your repo settings get changed during one of the duplication bouts you mentioned earlier? Are you able to fix the problem by tweaking the repo's settings?
It always happened (and always did) on the second and every following time the dialog pops up. No repo settings seemed to have change, and I can't seem to change this. I'll try the grep thing tho.

Use the "Manage Maps" dialog, which allows you to download or delete maps for your current repository. See the Help file for more details.
Thanks

*edit*

The files are empty!

Last edited by convulted; 2007-06-08 at 20:52.

Convulted said,
"- Most of the time, when I fire up the "Manage Map Repositories" dialog, I find that my list of repositories has been doubled (e.g.: Rep A, Rep B -> Rep A, Rep B, Rep A, Rep B). This behaviour is consistent and seems to happen every time except for the first time I fire up this dialog in a MM session. If I click cancel, the doubled list is not saved."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I am getting the same behavior with MM. When I go to "maps", I now have two Google Streets and two Google Satellites listed. I don't know how it happened. I hadn't used MM for several days and when I used it today, that's when I noticed the doubled map sets.

???

I am experiencing the doubling of my map repository listings as well. I am using the latest version of MM from the garage.

This is one of my favorite map sites:

NLS topographic maps covering all Finnish regions are available at Citizen's MapSite. This service is universally accessible and free of charge.

URLS look like these:
http://kansalaisen.karttapaikka.fi/k...urenna&lang=FI
http://kansalaisen.karttapaikka.fi/k...urenna&lang=FI

Are they gettable I wonder? I've been ripping them manually and stitching them together for my forest trips. Very nice with a very accurate map.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I am experiencing the doubling of my map repository listings as well. I am using the latest version of MM from the garage.
This happens when you open the dialog box to choose the default maps after setting up the program. Essentially you are doing it twice. At least that is what happened to me. Simply delete the extra repositories.

Originally Posted by johsua View Post
This happens when you open the dialog box to choose the default maps after setting up the program. Essentially you are doing it twice. At least that is what happened to me. Simply delete the extra repositories.
It happens whenever I go to edit, _not add_, reps.

Originally Posted by convulted View Post
It always happened (and always did) on the second and every following time the dialog pops up. No repo settings seemed to have change, and I can't seem to change this.
Got it. Problem reproduced and bug identified; fix forthcoming.

In the meantime, there are two workarounds: restart Maemo Mapper, or delete the duplicate repository entries.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Got it. Problem reproduced and bug identified; fix forthcoming.

In the meantime, there are two workarounds: restart Maemo Mapper, or delete the duplicate repository entries.
Fixed and released in Maemo Mapper v1.4.6. See the release announcement post.

Great work! Both issues are fixed. Hope I don't get the Google satellite thing again

This latest version fixed the doubling repositories issue for me as well.