Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by damnshock View Post
Well, I still hope they actually find a solution (either find an N900 or give me and N950 or N9).

Couldn't complain if next week they offer me an n950, could I?

Let's see what happens

Regards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE_Sc1Wags

imo big companies are big companies. Things you are suggesting could be done with small companies where you can negotiate straight with the guy responsible for the whole thing but when the level of bureocracy increases to the point that there must be at least 4 managers behind your case and only then they say to their foreman that "hey, could we ..". If not, you get the regular "unfortunately we can not do that, but we can offer ... instead" -phrase.

as with receiving N950 instead, take the song above and put it to infinite repeat. N9 could may be possible but then you have to wait.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
I think that this thread is exactly what you need

Nokia E7 vs N900 - Hands-on
Thanks for this I'll give it a read

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
did they give you warranty for your new replacemet?

Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
did they give you warranty for your new replacemet?
I'm speaking to them today to arrange delivery, so I'll ask them how long the warranty is for & let you know.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
You can wait until the end of the world, the verdict probably doesn't change.

We still have probably the best consumer protection laws in Finland and such switch is perfectly fine says our law. Just sell your E7 with sealed package and buy used N900.
I have to agree with you on this. I'm in the UK & consumer law is pretty strong here too.

Legally their offer is bomb-proof because they've offered to replace a 18 month old, faulty phone, retail price (when new) around £450 with a h/w keyboard.... for a brand new phone, retail price around £450 with a h/w keyboard!

I really can't see what arguments I could use to persuade them to do any more than this?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
ok.. thanks

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
I too just got the "telephony disabled"-message. Nothing seems to help so I'm sending mine in as well. If they offer me an N8 I'll do my best to get an E7 instead and probably sell it as new.
I'm not at all mentally prepared to let go of this awesome device at this moment, but I might wait for the N9 rather than trying to find a cheap new N900.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
USB-port broke for second time. Latest device wasn't even 6 months old. Before even getting the broken N900 to service I bought a second hand device with 11 month warranty for 200€. Now selling E7 on a sealed box for 350€ on Finnish auction.
I hope they can replace this device with N9 when the USB-port gets broken.

they fixed my usb and sent me the same device, same motherboard. my charger plugs in and removes nice and easy. but the usb cable is very stiff. I swear I heard a tiny crack when I removed it...

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
they fixed my usb and sent me the same device, same motherboard. my charger plugs in and removes nice and easy. but the usb cable is very stiff. I swear I heard a tiny crack when I removed it...
There are a lot posts of problems with the N900 at the moment & most people who seem to experiencing problems have phones that are over a 1 year old.

I'm starting to think this phone was designed to have a shelf life of around 18 months - 2 years? It's a shame because the N900 is a great phone & I had no plans to ever get rid of mine until it stopped working.