Notices

On 'Forecast'? It does bring up a fairly useless notification when you first open it on Android, telling you to go to the settings page to set your units or something. It doesn't appear on Jolla / Rockpool.

I think I have the weather one. It's expecting the XMLHttpRequest to have an addEventListener method but it doesn't. I'll see if I can add it.

Javascript and DOM :'(

Edit: there are quite a few methods defined in the jskitsetup.js javascript proxy thing that aren't present in the code. If you see this error, that's what's happened, though it hides where in the pebble js app it's happened:

Code:
error while invoking callback:  "eval code:1: TypeError: Cannot call method 'apply' of undefined"

Last edited by abranson; 2016-03-27 at 22:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
That's exactly what I'm seeing:

Code:
Mar 27 23:58:02 Jolla [1688]: [W] JSKitGeolocation::invokeCallback:283 - error while invoking callback:  "eval code:1: TypeError: Cannot call method 'apply' of undefined"
though interestingly it is now populated with data (presumably cached from when it was connected to the Android device... I guess we'll find out tomorrow).

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
though interestingly it is now populated with data (presumably cached from when it was connected to the Android device... I guess we'll find out tomorrow).
Must be, it won't work with Rockpool until the function is added. I did that one and removeEventListener too. Pebble.showSimpleNotificationOnPebble also done and pushed to github. You get the watch app name in the notification list, so you can disable them. I'll have a look at those other apps before I do another build.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Managed to get gecko renderer instead of webkit, so far all known webkit's glitches are working fine there (TH3 and jQuery color pickers). Now need to implement uri handler and item selector - to make it usable first.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Wow! That'll really make a difference. Does it have any weird build requirements?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Yes, would need to install qtmozembed-qt5-devel which requires adding mer-core pkg repo and has broken (conflicting) dependencies so would need to override them. I captured step-by-step process so should be doable.
Runtime however is fine since it's part of jolla (sailfish-browser). No need to meddle with the phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
The Rain app is more interesting:

Code:
[D] JSKitConsole::log:61 - "Rain info sent to Pebble successfully!" 
[D] JSKitPebble::sendAppMessage:55 - sendAppMessage QMap(("KEY_24H", QVariant(int, 2) ) ( "KEY_DATE" ,  QVariant(QString, "31/3") ) ( "KEY_LOCATION" ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( "KEY_LONGTERM" ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( "KEY_NOW" ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( "KEY_RAINDROPS" ,  QVariant(int, 255) ) ( "KEY_RAINPERHOUR" ,  QVariant(QString, "6.99") ) ( "KEY_RAINTIMES" ,  QVariant(QString, "05:00") ) ( "KEY_RAINUNIT" ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( "KEY_READY" ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( "KEY_REFRESH" ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( "KEY_TEMP" ,  QVariant(QString, "11°C") ) )  
[D] AppMsgManager::mapAppKeys:168 - Have appkeys: ("KEY_NOW", "KEY_READY", "KEY_24H", "KEY_LOCATION", "KEY_RAINDROPS", "KEY_TEMP", "KEY_RAINPERHOUR", "KEY_RAINUNIT", "KEY_REFRESH", "KEY_DATE", "KEY_RAINTIMES", "KEY_LONGTERM") 
[D] AppMsgManager::send:88 - Queueing appmsg 55 to QUuid("{43d69bf6-1352-4ed8-aa87-32c4291a8dd6}") with dict QMap((0, QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( 1 ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( 2 ,  QVariant(int, 255) ) ( 3 ,  QVariant(QString, "05:00") ) ( 4 ,  QVariant(QString, "6.99") ) ( 5 ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( 6 ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( 7 ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( 8 ,  QVariant(QString, "11°C") ) ( 9 ,  QVariant(QString, "31/3") ) ( 10 ,  QVariant(void*, 0x0) ) ( 11 ,  QVariant(int, 2) ) )  
[W] WatchDataWriter::writeDict:132 - Unknown dict item type: void* 
Edit: ok that was simple. you're meant to skip nulls. That'll do for a build I think. With the event listeners, the statuses and the nulls that should make a fair few extra apps work.

Last edited by abranson; 2016-03-29 at 20:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
0.8-2 out on Openrepos. Rain, Misfit and Forecast work. I really like that Rain app.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Is there a map app which works on Rockpool? Most of them seem to need a companion phone app. Maptastic starts, but it has never shown a map.

Nonetheless, it's amazing to see so many apps just work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch