Notices

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Drat. But yeah, codes for those TVs are hard to find.
Wiil it help you a little if i tell you which TV models i have?

Actually, I have been (slowly) trying to build up a list of devices alongside the list of keysets, to provide an alternative way to set up the buttons in Pierogi. (That is, in fact, what is behind the currently nearly-useless filter-keyset-by-device option in the keyset selection window; I've got each keyset object registering the names and types of devices that are known to work with that object's codes.)

But it'll be quite a while before that list becomes very useful.

(BTW, I really should ask folks to tell me the make and model of devices that work with Pierogi, so I can register them in the list. Let me go put that on the first post...)
I mentioned double bursting codes earlier as a way to increase range. This is done by using short bust of codes and then subsequently a long bust there after. This creates a optical pump affect that can be useful to increase range with some IR receivers.

To your above...
Well in that case in might be worth noting that that configuration set also works with the DTX9950 and 9980 as well.
I'm sure that there are also some duplicate model receivers that also work with one or other keysets.

At work we have a digital receiver box too which is made by hauppauge, If it would be helpful i could try and find a working configuration for that as well.

Also, some other thoughts...

Are you planning to build in a macro feature into your program ? One that has timed events would be extremely helpful especially at the gym.

I have some other thoughts as well, such as tying Lirc commands in with RDS streams and channel dropping/flipping ability which would tie into macros.

All in all I would love the ability to just leave my phone on the night stand and let it flip through the pre-defined channels i set giving me the ability to rule out ("drop") channels as i go along using only a single button click.
This is something i've never been able to do with qt.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks again!

Last edited by anyonebutthis; 2012-02-13 at 22:29.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
Wiil it help you a little if i tell you which TV models i have?
Possibly; I've gotta admit, I can't seem to find much data on Philips or Admiral at all, but anything I can feed into the various search engines on the net can't hurt.

And, as has been recently mentioned, you can pull codes right off of existing remotes. The LIRC server has that ability (when running on a PC with an IR receiver), and I think you can get the codes off of some types of "learning" universal remotes too. So there's always some way to do it, with enough effort...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by anyonebutthis View Post
I mentioned double bursting codes earlier as a way to increase range. This is done by using short bust of codes and then subsequently a long bust there after. This creates a optical pump affect that can be useful to increase range with some IR receivers.
Interesting; I've gotta admit, I don't understand exactly how that would work. I'm pretty sure that sort of thing would break the signal repetition mechanism for most of the protocol definitions I've seen; the receiving device would think that the user had pressed the key twice, rather than held down on it...

Are you planning to build in a macro feature into your program ? One that has timed events would be extremely helpful especially at the gym.
I'm not really sure about adding that sort of thing to the graphical interface (at least not in the immediate future), but I am thinking about providing a command-line interface to the Pierogi back-end code. That should allow folks to run scripts or cron jobs of commands, much as you are talking about. Admittedly, though, you can just run the LIRC server to do that sort of thing already.

All in all I would love the ability to just leave my phone on the night stand and let it flip through the pre-defined channels i set giving me the ability to rule out ("drop") channels as i go along using only a single button click.
Hmm. That does sound nice, but it also sounds quite a bit beyond my current user interface coding ability. Let me think about it a while...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I tried both philco/nec and some other generic sets that where mentioned but still nothing. (unless i missed something)??? I was able to get the generic sony keyset to work with the tv itself.

Can the proximity or pos sensors on the n900 be used as a rx for Lirc server?

Possibly; I've gotta admit, I can't seem to find much data on Philips or Admiral at all, but anything I can feed into the various search engines on the net can't hurt.

And, as has been recently mentioned, you can pull codes right off of existing remotes. The LIRC server has that ability (when running on a PC with an IR receiver), and I think you can get the codes off of some types of "learning" universal remotes too. So there's always some way to do it, with enough effort...
I have an IR receiver, but i think that my rabbits cut the cable

I will be so busy these weeks, when i have time i will see if i can do that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brian_7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I do have about a half-dozen "factory codes" for the LG TV Keyset #1, but I'm kinda nervous about putting them in the UI; you can really damage your TV if you don't know what you are doing. I suppose I could make a special "Do not use unless you know what you are doing!" window, or some such...
For sure, you're right, but I guess everybody knows the rules and wouldn't risk a bricked TV.
And in most cases you use the EZ_adjust only once or twice for unlock usb support on xxLH3000 or xxLH20 LCDs and/or to unlock disabled THX Cinema video profile on LF/LG/LH series. And of curse you won't ever need to downgrade your firmware anymore when bying a new tv with some of these options disabled.
For interested people; read here and here.

I found the Service_menu file from the LIRC database didn't work, but the RAW code from the wiki did (at least on my xxLH5000) so I packed my qtirreco folder from /home/user/MyDocs in case you could need the *.conf files. (If anyone else wants to try them, these files are for qtirreco and tested and working at least with LG xxLH5000)

Greetz,

J4ZZ
Attached Files
File Type: zip qtirreco.zip (423.4 KB, 97 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I really should ask folks to tell me the make and model of devices that work with Pierogi, so I can register them in the list.
This can be arranged, I can access a good few TV's ... but where's best to post the info as this threads going to get mad with people putting up TV models etc..

Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
I have an IR receiver, but i think that my rabbits cut the cable
Ah the joys of a house bun! Finding your micro SD data cable has been nibbled, just when you want to add new tracks to your N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
That's the only keyset available in the LIRC config files, but I've found one more in the hifi-remotes website. I'll try to decipher that one. (For some reason, that one looks like it has more than two dozen codes; do you know how many buttons there are/were on your A/C's original remote?)

I think yes, on both machines. I know for certain that LIRC folks are using MCE receivers with the LIRC server; that is, in fact, the main purpose of LIRC to begin with, to allow you to interact with a PC with an infrared remote control. I've gotta admit, though, that I don't know enough about it. I've really only played with IR on the N900.

(I really need to start doing this myself, I've still got a few remotes lying around the house here that I'd like to get keysets for...)
there are 10 keys on my remote. The unit is about 2.5 years old and the model number is AQV24NSAN.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
If anyone here has access to a large amount of TV's/receivers (for instance if you work in a electronics store or something like that) , I can send you out a palm clie for IR code recording.

I've got a couple extra palm devices hanging around collecting dust.
Let me know.

Omniremote can record codes and if you have SIR/FIR capable IR port on your PC or laptop you should be able to also record codes with Lirc

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control