Active Topics

Hey guys I'm probley going to buy the N800 but I wasn't exactly sure where I should buy it or if there even is a place with a better deal out there. I dont have a CompUSA near me so I can not get it there. So should I just buy it off Nokia, is there any benefits to buying it directly from Nokia?

The Following User Says Thank You to yankeesfan4988 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
If you buy it from Nokia and eventually in case you need to repair it, then you will have to send it to Nokia ( this Nokia Repair Center could be anywhere in the big wide world ) . If you buy it from CompUSA than at least you will have the option to yell them out if something goes wrong with your N800. Also a senior member here, mentioned the 21 day CompUSA return policy as well. Nokia has this sort of replacement policy too, but you will still need to ship it to them.

Maybe you should search online for a CompUSA Store near you ( if you are in USA).

Last edited by Arjun; 2007-01-29 at 17:25.

Well what if he bought a brand new one off ebay would the warranty still be good?

Last edited by hemplacrosse4; 2007-02-02 at 03:38.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
COMPUSA, still might not be a bad option if you want a protection plan. They have a protection plan 2year for about 64$. I think they have one for about 89$, that covers the screen also. So I believe if you drop it and it breaks they send you a new one, thats not too bad. But I would place some calls to COMPUSA and see what the deal is for you, I dont know about the turn around time, I know nokia is generally a month or more. I bought it because I can walk back into COMPUSA for two years and get a replacement if mine is not functioning. I did not buy the screen replacement, only the protection plan. The 89$ is ship in only, not a store replacement. The other great thing about COMPUSA is 21 day return policy. If you get it and it messed up, or you mess it up, you have a reputable company who is happy to replace it, or refund your money.

I dont mean to be a COMPUSA spokesperson, but they are really good on replacement. I am on my third one buts thats different posting.

OK, one other reason for getting the 2 year warranty, (REAL CHEAP UPGRADE) if I had bought a 2 year protection plan on my 770 when I purchased it, I would have been able to take it to COMPUSA and tell them its not working. Maybe flash a bad kernel, or just delete some system files, tell them you reloaded the OS several times it just wont boot anymore, they will get you a replacement. Before you do this, you need to go online and find a COMPUSA in your area, who has n800 in stock but no 770 in stock. Take it in, ask them to replace it, they can't they will off you the full amount you paid for the 770 and apply it to an N800. You would have paid 64$ for the plan and 50$ for the difference in price between the 770 and 800. Thats not bad, I bought it this time and figured, I would happily pay 100-150 for a spanking new tablet n980 or whatever the hell it will be. The other thing you can do is buy another protection plan on the new one if you want, and do it again two years later on the n1070 hehe, I also believe you could use the credit amount on any COMPUSA product, return your tablet and get an new UMPC, or PC, TV or money towards it anyway.

Anyway something else to think about, I normally purchase everything online, because its always cheaper. But this item is the same price everywhere, its like liqueur. I also would stress, COMPUSA customer support is better than NOKIA. It's nice to have that buffer. My 770 was in repair for over 5weeks with no end in sight when I took a cash buyout from nokia, they gave me 240$ for my 770, and I bought a n800 from COMPUSA. I was very disappointed with there customer service. I also have a nokia phone, I sent it in for repair, they sent it back to be cleaned? not fixed though. I had to pay shipping a second time to get it fixed. I seriously can not believe they will not pay my shipping the second time, $#%^&*&*%^% I Digress

I hope this helps, have fun!!!!!!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by hemplacrosse4 View Post
you guys think its ligit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Nokia-N800-i...hippingPayment
His ratings look good, it also uses paypal. Whats the deal with "communicator" I have not seen that before?