Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Germany, Stuttgart
Thank you for the Link to OpenRepos. But the .deb file (not exactly the same but a very very similar one) I've already downloaded from here like described in post #1 step 3.

I thought with "apt-get install openvpn" (post #1 step 2) you install other stuff that is necessary for the .deb file to work.

I like to try only the .deb file without the apt-get command before. Maybe you are right and the apt-get command is not necessary. But I guess I need opensh for a successful installation of the .deb file and I can not find it. I've found in an article that I also need inception? All links to these tools do not work anymore...only dead-ends everywhere I look.

Maybe someone has another hint for me where I can get opensh?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ İstanbul
Hello, ı have problem to build openvpn on my n9 ı have been.tried all the ways but couldnt install it some body can help me ? please ! I can.upload here terminal
screenshots.

This is the fault when ı trying to install openvpn what can ı do to solve problem ?
Attached Images

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by Anatolian View Post
This is the fault when ı trying to install openvpn what can ı do to solve problem ?
Hi.
Seems to me that the file Openvpn.zip can not be downloaded. Maybe Schturman can help here.... or you can try the version archived in Openrepos.
Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Bit out of my depth here but does this resource add anything: https://roopeshsivam.wordpress.com/2...-n9-harmattan/

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Still cant install there is a mistake ı have been doing somewhere but couldnt find.
openvpn.zip file is located in mydocs but qtweak says this file is not exist !!

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
This still works by the way. Had to use the openvpn deb from openrepos.com. I was able to get private internet access (PIA) vpn working. I downloaded the configuration file from PIA but it came as ovpn. I struggled to write the .conf file for private internet access vpn not realising all I had to do was change the file type of the ovpn to .conf!

So that's for anyone trying to figure this out. That's why I love Linux. So rewarding when u get things working

Hi guys,

I installed OpenVPN also with the help of N9QuickTweaks (option CC). So far, not that difficult. You install it, and then you can change the server type and check for new version. BUT, it installs a vpn.conf file with VPN from VPNbook.

Fine ofcourse, but I want my own VPN working (I have an openvpn server at home or else from NordVPN).

As tcbl50 above says, you have to change te file typ from ovpn to .conf. Not that hard I quess, but when I try to copy that file to /etc/openvpn it says that I cannot copy a file there, I don't have the rights, "permission denied". But I'm using WinSCP with SDK (you have to be root). I also tried with Filebox as root, but same message.

Can you help me with this? How can I get that file in the right directory??

Thanks guys!

Last edited by TheFriendlyFiend; 2017-06-11 at 22:30.

Although I use Cyberduck upon Mac (show hidden files), seem to remember that any change would need to be made with file in home/user/MyDocs and then copied to destination.

Tags
blocked site, open vpn, proxy