Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
hm, i can't get online since few days. i guess re-registration would be bad idea now cause i get banned, right?
Can't get online either.. might be game over(?). Earlier it has been said that (re-)registration should not be done with this client.

hi guys
i cant connect a few days too
plzz fix this issue if u can , i need it so much
i really love u guys <3

Dont get your hopes up. my Whatsup hasn't worked for months now. Whatsup is most certainly done for because of the new encryption method and ceased support of Symbian by the end of 2016 (which is what Whatsup depends on). Instead, maybe look at telegram as an alternative, or buy a different phone

The Following User Says Thank You to pwie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Mine to died in the last few days. I haven't been using it to regularly, so i cant tell exactly when. Last conversation i had vas 3 -4 days ago.

If it gets revived, great. If not, awwww.

Thank you so much for the time that has been, and the effort put forth.
B!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post:
To all the developers here, might be a dumb question but hey. Is it possible for you guys to build your own whatsapp like app that would be compatible with all os's? That way we wouldn't have to deal with not being supported by whom ever anymore. Just curious please don't flame me.

The Following User Says Thank You to jbeemer01 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by jbeemer01 View Post
To all the developers here, might be a dumb question but hey. Is it possible for you guys to build your own whatsapp like app that would be compatible with all os's? That way we wouldn't have to deal with not being supported by whom ever anymore. Just curious please don't flame me.
Of course it is, and there are tens of different IM platforms to choose from.
I do most heartly support dropping the proprietary services and using some of the open alternatives.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
regarding the open alternatives, hedayat is working (hopefully) on Telegram client here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
it's too early to talking about "alternatives", and Whatsup just temporally dead. and most of the users have a good reason to stay. for example i stay with my N9 cause i love it and i don't move just because my friends use other platforms/applications.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Finland
So, it has been three weeks without whatsup. Battery life has gone up, I have been making & receiving more phone calls than ever and collecting angry text messages instead of pokemons. Everybody is telling me I need to get rid of this shitty phone and buy a new one. I have been looking but can’t find anything to match the feel of this unicorn beast. Sometimes I wish I had never bought this phone, it has ruined smartphones for me. I would like to think someone is still working on an update for whatsup, but is there any hope for fixing the issues? Call me an idiot, but I would still rather donate a nice sum of money than go android / ios just because of one app.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rrave For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by rrave View Post
So, it has been three weeks without whatsup.
Excellent, keep up the good way of living!!

Battery life has gone up, I have been making & receiving more phone calls than ever and collecting angry text messages instead of pokemons.
Yes, it is worthwhile stopping top use shitty crapapps that eat your battery and spy on you. Keep up the good way of living.

Everybody is telling me I need to get rid of this shitty phone and buy a new one.
Can't really be everyone, or if so, then your circle of "friends" is just a barbarian horde of m0r0ns.
Regarding the angry SMS'es, just tell the bloody bastards to fu¢k off!

I have been looking but can’t find anything to match the feel of this unicorn beast. Sometimes I wish I had never bought this phone, it has ruined smartphones for me. I would like to think someone is still working on an update for whatsup, but is there any hope for fixing the issues? Call me an idiot, but I would still rather donate a nice sum of money than go android / ios just because of one app.
Nah, the world just needs to let go of those proprietary closed spyware abominations and everyone will benefit.
Consider yourself now part of elite troops departed from the enslaved masses.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup