Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Malebo, from the French community, shared another article (http://jollafr.org/photos-du-stand-j...mment-204445):
https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3572050

Here is an excerpt from google translate :
From January 1, 2019, all mobile office software from the register of domestic software will have to work on the mobile OS from the same registry, it follows from a government decree published on the Internet portal of legal information. Now the only such operating system is Sailfish Mobile OS Rus, entered in the register in September 2016. The register contains a list of Russian software, for which preferences are provided for state and municipal purchases.
So they are taking it seriously !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Malebo, from the French community, shared another article (http://jollafr.org/photos-du-stand-j...mment-204445):
https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3572050

Here is an excerpt from google translate :

So they are taking it seriously !
Did I understand it right; this is a white-listed software group?
As in, apps which will be allowed/preferred (over competitive choices) to run on the SailfishOS RUS?
If that's the case it means huge entrance barriers for non-russian devs..

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Did I understand it right; this is a white-listed software group?
As in, apps which will be allowed/preferred (over competitive choices) to run on the SailfishOS RUS?
If that's the case it means huge entrance barriers for non-russian devs..
I did not understand it like that, but the article was translated from russian so it would be better to have someone speaking russian confirming.

Anyway, as I understand it, it is not for every app, only for apps used in state and municipal purchases. So for the "government" or "public auctions market" level.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
@Coderus! Help us

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
People on blog.jolla.com say Rostelecom claims to have bought jolla on their website.

https://www.rostelecom.ru/press/news/d443012

Can somebody clarify if this is true?
If so I wonder what path Sailfish will follow from now on.
I just seen that James Noori left a comment on the blog post to answer that : https://blog.jolla.com/new-strategic...ilfish-family/
Since there has been ownership related questions, here’s some clarification:

After the investment, Rostelecom is the largest individual shareholder in the investment company Sailfish Holding Ltd. (Hong Kong) but does not own majority in Jolla Ltd. (Finland). The development of Sailfish OS has always been an international project and the company has an international shareholder base. The Sailfish family includes significant shareholders e.g. from China, and developing the company’s regional licensing strategy requires international ownership. And also, for the sake of clarity: Open Mobile Platform is not a shareholder neither in Sailfish Holding or Jolla Ltd.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Guys. Follow the money. Who do you really think running the show?

Russian have been biggest investor since 1,5 years and even some initial dudes like founders probably owning a majority share in jolla oy but they can’t do anything without money so Russians running the show.

Could be a reason why they stopped pushing refunds.

Check please!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-03-25 at 20:22.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys. Follow the money. Who do you really think running the show?

Russian have been biggest investor since 1,5 years and even some initial dudes like founders probably owning a majority share in jolla oy but they can’t do anything without money so Russians running the show.

Could be a reason why they stopped pushing refunds.

Check please!
Dave, im surprised! Could be a reason why they stopped the tablet in the first place?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Dave, im surprised! Could be a reason why they stopped the tablet in the first place?
What the puck are you talking about?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
spasiba!
Great image. If it was me sending the message to jolla support it would be more like: what happened with the refund program?

On a more serious note....
What’s your take on this takeover? Especially when it comes to refund but also new devices and independent OS?