Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Germany
Hej again,

I encountered a serious problem after updating to Iijoka (early access) - I cannot open my Messages communications anymore, and although I can write short messages (only via "new message" and entering the recipient manually instead of just continuing an already present conversation), I do not see them (they are still delivered, I already tested this). When I click on a conversation, the touch feedback kicks in (so the click has been recognized), but that's it - nothing more happens, no conversation thread is opened. Furthermore, I am not notified when I receive short messages, and there is no message preview.

I updated two days ago (don't know if Messages already then ceased functioning) and went from Germany to France - maybe some confusion from switching ISPs? I use OpenVPN and AlienDalvik in the background, but that hadn't been a problem all the time... Maybe someone else has an idea? Thanks for your time ^^'''

I had that happen once, maybe twice, a few years ago, and rebooting fixed it (although the messages were gone). There are some bug reports about or related to it somewhere on TJC, like https://together.jolla.com/question/42083/bug-sms-lost/. You can find more by looking for "sms lost" and such.

It always seemed like it had something to do with BTRFS issues. Are you using a Jolla 1?

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Try opening it again and have a look at the logs - this might be easier to read if you ssh in from a PC

Code:
devel-su
journalctl -e
I noticed the following on mine:
Code:
Feb 11 19:41:33 Sailfish estart[350]: [W] CommHistoryDatabase::open:303 - 
Opened commhistory database: "/home/nemo/.local/share/commhistory/commhistory.db
"
It might be worth making a copy of this file in case it's corrupted and you need to recover any messages.

Just a thought, did you backup and if so have you tried restoring your backup from pre-upgrade?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Yes, I (normally) use a Jolla 1, and now that you mentioned it - I used BTRFS balancing a day ago... I already rebooted several times, but it didn't help u_u

Add-On: unfortunately, I didn't backup anything this time... My journalctl only warned bc of some ioctl kernel error (512), but that might be too far off the symptomatic problem. Maybe when I use one of the old backups... But I don't know what I might probably lose, so I'm still hesistating.

Last edited by Lutwolf; 2017-02-11 at 20:05.

Another update:

I tried to send a short message via Contacts>Send Message, and the phone tried to start the Messaging routine - but after maybe 10 seconds, the window was closed and the task aborted. What is that? Can this behaviour be related to the Ofono issues others have since updating?

Edit: as the journalctl screenshots say: sth seems wrong ^^ Is there a way for me to fix the ConversationPage.qml/commhistory issue ("no unique id" - why?) without having to set up my Jolla 1 again from scratch? Please help... ;_;

The multiple Error messages result from tapping on different Short Message conversations without any of those opening.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lutwolf; 2017-02-17 at 13:37. Reason: Added journalctl results