Hello,

My N900 remember well the WEP key when my SSID is set to "broadcast SSID".

As soon as I change my AP for "SSID not broadcast", I have to type again the key on my N900 (choose hidden ssid, type it and then the key is requested).
Which is "no good" (tm).

I didn't found anything related on the forum, so I was wondering is this was working for someone and If I had to take care of something before filling what I do think is a bug and not a feature.
D.

Last edited by divinerites; 2009-12-24 at 08:46.

Originally Posted by divinerites View Post
Hello,

My N900 remember well the WEP key when my SSID is set to "broadcast SSID".

As soon as I change my AP for "SSID not broadcast", I have to type again the key on my N900 (choose hidden ssid, type it and then the key is requested).
I don't have that problem - I made the connection when the SSID was already hidden and the N900 remembers the key and connects with no problems.

Rgrds

Peter

Originally Posted by filbert View Post
I made the connection when the SSID was already hidden and the N900 remembers the key and connects with no problems.
Thanks Peter. I tried again hidden, and now the 2 (!) connections shows up and i can connect.
I guess it's a problem when registred in public mode the first time it doesn't show up first when you have it switch to hidden.
Anyway it works once I registred 2 time.

Regards.D.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I know this sounds daft but have you tried deleting the definition and recreating. I had a similar issue with a Belkin router at a friend's house and leaving the SSID not broadcast on the router and manually recreating seemed to solve the issue. No idea why this should and didn't happen on other routers that we tried, just the Belkin one.

Last edited by Fargus; 2009-12-24 at 09:13. Reason: Beaten to it!