Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed some odd behavior out of my N810. I have the filesystem on the internal flash, which has 66MB free.

Here is what I am seeing:
  • Web browsers never seem to connect - I have Midori, Tear, Fennec and the default browser. When this occurs, none of them seem to connect.
  • The app manager does not update - I open it, and when I tap Browse Installable apps, the list is empty. When I open Check for Updates, it too is empty. If I hit reload, the bar gets to halfway across and stops. [Edit] The update finally finished, but only had about 40 packages available instead of the usual number, which implies that some of the repos are not available.

Other than that, the tablet seems to work fine, at least for the apps I use...And I use it constantly. To fix the first problem, I rebooted the tablet.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
--vr

Last edited by VulcanRidr; 2010-01-17 at 16:45.

I've been having this problem too since at least Friday. OM weather won't update either. Someone else posted about a similar problem in the OS2008 forum. A reboot fixes the problem but it comes back. The last app I remember updating was OM weather but I have no idea if it's related.
As VR said, anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Monroe, Washington
I think i'm having the same problem as well. Sometimes when I first use the tablet it connects to my wireless network normally but it isn't really connected to the internet. None of the browsers show any sign of being connected. Same with "Mytube" and all the other apps I've tried. A reboot fixes the problem for a while but it eventually comes back. I really don't want to have to flash the my N810 but I will if I have to. Has anyone found a solution?

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I actually had it happen to me this morning. We were experiencing heavy rains, and while I was getting ready for work, the power flickered a couple of times. It was enough to drop my access point. When I went down and reset it, I connected the N810 to it but could not reach anything in the browser. I can't say for certain that this has happened any other time I have had the problem, but maybe the WAP is taking micro hits, which is causing something in the wireless driver to come unglued. *shrug*. I tried connecting to the wireless at work (without a reset) and am experiencing the same problem. A reboot will fix it.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
I am also having this problem.
I load the browser and the device will just show the "Updating" alert.
I find the whole device goes super slow.
The hardware keyboard will not work and the hardware keys will not work (Fullscreen button, zoom in out ect.) Only turn off will work and the touch screen
Then it will not shutdown it will turn off but be stuck on the blue nokia screen.
I have to take the battery out. But on the screen it will still have some stuff on it very faintly.
I can turn it back on and it will do the same.

I am going to reflash it tonight and not install anything and see if that fixes it.

Edit: A Reflash with no backup fixed it.

Last edited by MicroChip123; 2010-01-27 at 12:23.