Notices

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re OBS importance: I guess we need to point everyone asking why do we have to wait for OBS to repeat your exercise.
True - I'm tempted to create a local OBS, if I ever find something to guide me to do that.

Easy test - switch Pure Maps to offline and try to search for something. Search results are not cached between runs, so it should work only if the server is working.
OK, this is hard to do while all my maps are updating - all I can say is that I am getting a warning "Glyphs not found", I'm not sure how bad that is though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
True - I'm tempted to create a local OBS, if I ever find something to guide me to do that.

OK, this is hard to do while all my maps are updating - all I can say is that I am getting a warning "Glyphs not found", I'm not sure how bad that is though.
Wait until all is updated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Wait until all is updated.
For completeness, it all seems to be working. I missed offline maps/navigation/search in sfos 3.4

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
As OBS target for 3.4. has been added, OSM Scout Server is available for testing at

http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:....0.24_armv7hl/

As I don't have a way to test it yet, please let me know if it works.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
I installed harbour-osmscout from the 3.4 OBS-Repo and did a (very) quick check - seems to work so far (tried map view, search, navigation)

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
I installed harbour-osmscout from the 3.4 OBS-Repo and did a (very) quick check - seems to work so far (tried map view, search, navigation)
Me too - updated maps, switched PureMaps to offline mode and tried a few searches and zooming in and out. It seemed to work fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
The build is out at OpenRepos now - 1.17.1. It is for SFOS 3.4.0 users. The older SFOS users would have to use OBS for updates.

The released update includes updates to translations (thank you, translators!) and few packaging updates which are irrelevant for SFOS.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The build is out at OpenRepos now - 1.17.1. It is for SFOS 3.4.0 users. The older SFOS users would have to use OBS for updates.
<ot>
I have always been wondering: isn't Openrepos clever enough to offer multiple versions and let your device pick the one matching your setup? Why do I bother defining version dependencies in my packages?
</ot>

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
<ot>
I have always been wondering: isn't Openrepos clever enough to offer multiple versions and let your device pick the one matching your setup? Why do I bother defining version dependencies in my packages?
</ot>
pkcon || zypper are clever enough - hence uninstalling old OSM Scout Server on SFOS 3.4 update. It's just we don't have repos specific to SFOS versions. In principle, it is possible and make separate repos for different SFOS versions, but it would take extra time for me to keep it all in sync. If you are that advanced that choose SFOS versions (or have to due to the use of the port) then you should be able to configure pkcon/zypper to use OBS repo as well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Not sure I understood the above correctly, but I uninstalled OSM Scout Server (through Storeman).

This completely locked up the system.
journalctl read:
Code:
Nov 22 12:12:54 XperiaXA2-DualSIM systemd[32240]: osmscout-server.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/harbour-osmscout-server: No such file or directory
Nov 22 12:12:54 XperiaXA2-DualSIM systemd[4808]: osmscout-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Nov 22 12:12:54 XperiaXA2-DualSIM systemd[4808]: osmscout-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 22 12:12:54 XperiaXA2-DualSIM systemd[4808]: osmscout-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 22 12:12:54 XperiaXA2-DualSIM systemd[4808]: Started OSM Scout Server.
This repeated ~50 times per second.
A reboot was tricky (stayed on red LED, had to hold VolUp+Power), but after that everything was OK.

After reinstallation everything seems to be working fine (SFOS 3.4).
Just thought I'd report this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles