The best handset out there is/will be the Samsung Epic 4G.

Hardware wise its hard to ignore the petite size compared to the other monsters, plus it packs a QWERTY slider.

Functions wise it is on par with the EVO 4G, DroidX etc but also adds the WiMax antenna and the best screen available (S-AMOLED). This phone will not be easily killed.

Software wise it will get 2.1 or 2.2 depending on release.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
OMAP 3630... it's already better than the N900 and Palm Pre. I think the Droid X might be - in an unlocked form - my next phone.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
OMAP 3630... it's already better than the N900 and Palm Pre. I think the Droid X might be - in an unlocked form - my next phone.
Um its CDMA so unless they make another version like they did for the Droid there is no unlocked version. The unlocked Galaxy S is probably the best unlocked phone right now.

But I agree with Kangal, Epic 4G is truly epic!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
There will probably European version that is unlocked gsm just like the original Droid is available in gsm as the Motorola Milestone.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
There will probably European version that is unlocked gsm just like the original Droid is available in gsm as the Motorola Milestone.
heck, i think chippy from umpcportal is already drooling over the "milestone x" thanks to its inclusion of xenon flash

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
CDMA...meh
Oh silly me.

I went to Verizon today and the sales rep fellow said he could put one of the phones on hold so I can come in and play with it

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Um its CDMA so unless they make another version like they did for the Droid there is no unlocked version. The unlocked Galaxy S is probably the best unlocked phone right now.
Erm. One word... Milestone. It's GSM, it's unlocked, and it's not CDMA. And yes... I'm counting on them making a GSM version for Europe; just like they did with the Droid.

And I don't have enough specs on the S5PC110 CPU to make a decision on that part yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
fu*king awesome!
apart from fitting in the pocket, awesome!! \m/

The engadget review wasn't too flattering and they are very honest with Android stuff

How does it compare to the EVO though?

Last edited by nosa101; 2010-07-06 at 14:39.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
so.......I found this recently talking about how the droid x was locked down

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...at-i-know.html