Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Does this work with AGPS on the N810? I see no place to put the server address...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
I changed mine back to supl.nokia.com and it still locks in 2 secs flat.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by noipv4 View Post
I changed mine back to supl.nokia.com and it still locks in 2 secs flat.
Probably because it already had what it needed to get from the network anyway. A-GPS information is typically valid for an hour or two.

Originally Posted by cheve View Post
I use it it has enough features for my use case

@op, I also have the setting pointing to google, but unfortunately, my lock rate is still slow(around 2 to 3 minutes) and it is with GPSJinni running.
Additional info: I do NOT have a SIM card installed to my N900; I only have a set of map downloaded.on the unit.; so I guess one can't expect quick performance with my type of setup. Prior to PR1.2, my unit would take what feel likes forever(ie. more than 10min) to lock. The GPSJinni was/is an wonderful for my need. YMMV.

Cheers,

Originally Posted by sdhanna View Post
just searched in the ovi store and no sign of this app for me, you have a link?

where did you change the settings for the gps?

thanks
The App name was "EARTHCOMBER" and here is the link

Link

RR

although one problem, my location is almost a block away than my actual location!!!

It's a bit lame having to use the network positioning to get a lock within an hour! I have found the gps on the n900 to be a bit of an embarrassment, the other day I tried to use it and a friend who has an iphone was there in seconds! I gave up.

What would solution be if there was zero network cover?

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
It's a bit lame having to use the network positioning to get a lock within an hour! I have found the gps on the n900 to be a bit of an embarrassment, the other day I tried to use it and a friend who has an iphone was there in seconds! I gave up.
That's surprising to me. I do not use aGPS and when I'm outside, normally I get a fix in a minute or two, when I'm not moving. Sometimes less. Only if I'm moving (fast) before I got the fix it can take up to 10 minutes. If you are between skyscrapers or in an forrest, it also can take longer. I use it mostly on my motorcycle with mappero.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by DavidB7237 View Post
although one problem, my location is almost a block away than my actual location!!!
Because US adds noise to the reading for civilian GPS usage.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Because US adds noise to the reading for civilian GPS usage.
I think this is more related to the fact that the location was based only on A-GPS reading (estimate based on cell towers) and there was no real GPS satellite lock. A-GPS location is a really rough estimate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post: