Active Topics

Notices

Has anyone tried Media Converter with vob files ripped from a DVD? When I do, I get awful audio/video sync problems when playing on the 770. Playing the same file in totem (my desktop video player) works fine, no sync issues. The problem also occurs if I use mencoder directly to encode the files, but the 770 has no sync problems when playing re-encoded mpg's and avi's from other sources (for example archive.org), only the vob's.

Any ideas?

Mike

Originally Posted by konttori
I updated the osx version instructions based on Shonks info. Is that ok with you shonk?
Absolutely.

im getting the same problem that was posted eairlier but i have not seen how to fix it. The MD installed fine and loads but when i try to convert it goes straight to 100% with no output. Any ideas??

I just installed the new OS 3.2005.51-13 and I've noticed something odd. I had several music videos that I had converted to full screen Nokia 770 format and they are no longer full screen. Can someone else confirm that change?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Yes, and this actually seems to be a bug fix, remember the 770 screen has an aspect ratio of 15:9, Konttori's media converter's output is either 4:3 of 16:9, both are common aspect ratios.

Konttori--
This thing rocks. I have about 50 seinfeld episodes on my desktop that convert perfectly. Thanks buddy.

Originally Posted by Reggie
Here's a tip: with the samples I made, I get the best results if I use QT Pro to export the .mov trailer to .DV (warning: file becomes big) then, use Media Converter to convert the .dv it to .avi.
Didn't work for me.

I had tried using Handbrake to convert a DVD chapter directly, but couldn't find a combination that worked (even with downsizing, lowering frame rate, etc. I created a .avi file with MP4 video/ MP3 audio - not sure why it didn't work. All worked fine on VLC).

So I then got Media Converter working on my Mac (OS X Tiger) with help from the forum posts (thanks all). It wouldn't work directly with a Handbrake created file either (I tried many output combinations). So I tried what you suggested. Used QT Pro to convert my Handbrake output (which played fine on QT) to a DV file using the default settings. But then Media Converter failed. Any suggestions or tips?

/K

Originally Posted by eye.surgeon
Konttori--
This thing rocks. I have about 50 seinfeld episodes on my desktop that convert perfectly. Thanks buddy.
What are you using to convert the Seinfeld episodes? I got a seinfeld CD for Xmas and when I converted it the sound got out of sync? I used DVD Shrink to rip it then Media Converter to convert that to the 770 format? Suggestions?

Tony

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
0.60 version released.
I dropped the hi res 15 fps modes. They seemed to cause too often problems with audio sync. Also, due to available automatic scaling in 770, aspect ratios have been dropped from the available resolutions. Use any mixture you like. Default resolution has been set to 288x160. Some small bug fixes and UI tuneups. Also code modified to support compilation to 1.4x target (osx users should like this). If you have panther on you mac, please let me know if it works for you.

Changes for the next versions will be: support for mpeg 1 encoding and possible dvd transcoding. Any comments and or wishes are always welcome.

Hi, thanks for all your work on this. For the next round, could I make a request that the high res option be put back? There are a bunch of files where I don't care about the sound, and don't even listen to the sound, but I do appreciate the higher resolution (VC fashion show, trailers, etc.). I would imagine some other folks do the same.