Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
I've posted a how-to regarding importing Firefox bookmarks into the 770. Not super easy, but when a script is written to do it, it will be.

http://www.dillernet.com/apple/2005/...the-nokia-770/

Not sure if this is so obvious that everybody is doing it already . For those OS X users here, a simple 'File / Export bookmarks' in safari generates an html page that can be copied over to the 770 via USB and then imported in the Bookmark app through Tools / Import

Job done! For longer lists, a reboot is needed.

Very useful whenever there is a firmware upgrade Also, for those of us less technical than dillera, you can convert your bookmarks on the mac desktop.

Last edited by gadget1974; 2006-01-02 at 10:49.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
Oh my #%@#$- I never even looked for an Import feature on the Bookmarks app!

Using that method is certianly easier, quicker and more intutitive.

There is still a point with dillera's method since it can be automated. I would really like to sync the bookmarks with my other computers regularly.

I wrote a small script to do the conversion. The problem is that the 770 bookmark manager is very shaky, even if I use the built in import feature. The import usually succeeds but if I try to add or delete some bookmarks the whole list disappears every third time or so. Mind you, my bookmarks.html file for Mozilla is almost 700k.