Originally Posted by gadget1974
Hi pc4ever. If you want to connect to your NAS, then the easiest way is to enable ftp sharing on the NAS and then browse to it using Opera on the 770... i.e. ftp://x.x.x.x/sharename

What type of NAS are you using?
I'm using a Netgear SC101.
From your info above I'll try using the NAS's drive IP address and share name.

What I'm really striving for is a way to access photos from the NAS using the 770's Image reader and selecting the NAS drive from that menu. I'm guessing the FTP / NAS arrangement that you have described above is for file transfer. If this is the case, then I would have to load the photo from the directory in which I stored it. Is this correct or am I missing something here.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Afraid that, as far as I know, that is the case. However, having said that, there are some pretty brilliant people around this place who maybe have a better or more technical solution....

Originally Posted by neiljerram
And if only there was Google Personal Music Library, we wouldn't need to store songs either. Unfortunately I guess Google Personal Music Library won't happen in the near future because of fair use being a legal grey area.

Regards - Neil
I use GNUmp3 on my linux server. Open up a port and I can browse through my music collection and stream tracks from anywhere. Makes for interesting phone bills though.

Looks interesting. Thanks for the tip !

Since gaining access to my NAS via FTP ( Thanks Gadget1974 for the tip) I have been able to create a work around to quickly display photos via HTML. I used a freeware program called FotosOnWeb to quickly generate a index page of my photos. After clicking on any of the photos on the Index page I can then use the built in web pages commands such as prev, next first, last, index. This now allows me to quickly view my photos remotely without having to place them on a memory card.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by feersumenjinn
I use GNUmp3 on my linux server. Open up a port and I can browse through my music collection and stream tracks from anywhere. Makes for interesting phone bills though.
rythmbox on both linuxes should also do the trick nicely using library sharing. Or itunes on the comp and rythmbox on the 770. I think it's a smoother solution for mp3 listening needs than file sharing per se.