Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Ok thanks, I'll try later today.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
No - I had DTG installed then simply installed Freoffice.
Ok, I see the issue. It appears that Freoffice does not conflict with
Doucements to Go Viewer edition. However Documents to Go Premium edition (which allows editing of word or excel) will not install with Freoffice and vice versa. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Last edited by mscion; 2010-07-28 at 01:54.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
meanwhile, just open and close top manu and you remove Captial letter bug
Thanks, I noticed the same with turning superscript on/off, but this is faster

Originally Posted by fms View Post
1. Cannot create a new presentation
Same here, the document icon is working, presentation and spreadsheet is shown in gray.

In any case, FreOffice is great

same problem here..can't create spreadsheets

Editing is enabled only for Document application the remaining are under work and basic editing capabilities will be enabled soon. The next upgrade should already have good number of new features in them in addition to fixing the bugs spotted here

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chande For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Should the students and common people also get free computers?
The point is that by insisting on people having to use MS Office documents it is giving a license to MS to print money because there is no competition. MS owns the file formats and change it all the time to frustrate anybody who tries to make a compatible product. It has long come to the point where even MS don't know what their file format is but instead relies on code as documentation.

As for computers, there is a hugely competitive market for it - you can buy branded, unbranded, build your own. So your analogy is incorrect.

Notice how every month the price of computers drop and their capability increases. Notice how say 10 years ago the cost of the OS is about 10% of the cost of the computer, but now the OS (Windows that is) probably costs more than the computer yet the computer is orders of magnitude faster/bigger/better.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
when will approx the next upgrade.
waiting impatient

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Waiting too. Was it this office app nokia said they should support a few months ago?

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by oved_etzot View Post
Thanks - but easy debian is soooo sloooow. It's also very unintuitive to me for some reason - I gave up after trying after 4 or 5 times.

**** I now read the link you added and will give it a try. I'm assuming what is written there works on Maemo too. If so, I will be a verrry happy person ***
I've installed gnumeric and abiword within easy debian and they are much faster.

You can run them within easy debain with LXDE or use the "debbie" command.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by RdM View Post
when will approx the next upgrade.
waiting impatient
Hopefully if every thing goes on well, you will be able to get by next week. We are working towards it....