Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ontario, Canada
Update on WIND:

Able to receive 3.5G
SIM wasn't configured with the Access Point Name and WIND guys couldn't figure out what the problem was.
Anyways, when you buy a SIM, you have to add "internet.windmobile.ca" in Access Point Name

And I had to call WIND so they can setup Data on my phone... because it only works for 1/2 hour the first time.

Originally Posted by lovemov View Post
So Wind in TO got 3G up? Hope they go to BC soooon!

Last edited by EMAD; 2010-01-11 at 23:51.

i've been going wifi waiting for a data plan

i just talked to a guy at wind and you need to get the minimum voice plan ($15) and then you can get unlimited data plan ($35).

he did say that the n900 wasn't supported on their network. i believe he's wrong based on specs, but can someone confirm?

i don't want a voice plan at all, just data. anymore input from people who have plans would be great.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Calgary
My phone arrived yesterday. I paid CAD $582 for it (ordered from Amazon on Dec 21, 2009). It includes a cost of American mailing address, shipment by USPS, $5 customs and $25 GST. Amazon refunded me US $50, since I don't qualify for Nokia rebate.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
Do you remember how you did it? I set up the goam.com access point and the proper web proxy, but trying to access the web triggers an SMS trying to sell me a "Day DataPass". I'd rather use the $1 daily unlimited browsing than the $2.99 20 Mb day datapass...
I signed up for the $7/month unlimited on-device browsing with Rogers PayGo. Then I set up the goam.com APN with the proper web proxy. I used to tether my cheap PayGo phone to my N800 (for over a year) in this manner for web browsing. It worked like a charm. When I got the loaner N900, I simply placed my Rogers PayGo SIM in it, and setup the internet connection using the same APN (goam.com), and it worked fine.

You can PM me if you need some assistance,

Edit-the few that I have tried to help configure the goam apn on rogers could not get it working. Since I am not a rogers customer anymore, I will not be able to assist in setting this up, sorry!

Last edited by EIPI; 2010-04-04 at 12:31. Reason: update on assistance

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
The N900 will work with WIND. I am planning to switch early in the new year after they sort out some of their initial reliability issues.

I believe that you can get a USB stick data plan, and use that SIM card in the N900. But with WIND, that is $55/mo. You are better off getting the $15 voice + $35 data plan. (Smart pricing on their part - grrr)

if you go with the 15 dollar voice plan and 35 bucks data can you use skype right?

'cause if so ...unlimited NA calling is $3/month.
This service provider below can give you a local number for incoming calls for another $3/month.
http://www.abadss.com/forum/1070-voi...-how-have.html

So theoretically you could have unlimited calling and data for 56 dollars...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clubberlang: Who are you talking about, exactly? The didww.com service is $5/mo + $5 setup fee. I've considered using them, and if 3G Skype / SIP through Wind is of acceptable quality, I'd be very tempted to use them along with Google Voice (DialCentral)...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
any other places selling the n900 in canada guys???
ca-united.com ships here but costs around 750...local sn trader sells it for 749....any other places selling it for cheaper.....

NewEgg Canada has it back on their page.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...05178&Tpk=n900

$649 - $50 w/ free S&H + taxes = $676 to your door. Helluvalot cheaper than EVERYWHERE else.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy, canada, canadian, cost, n900, provider, providers, retailers, rogers, wind