Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Anyone heard anything more about the status of the HADK; plus progress on the Nexus 5 port?

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Anyone heard anything more about the status of the HADK; plus progress on the Nexus 5 port?
I heard its vacation now. Noone working

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
this may indicate the progress
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

Yeah but what about the HADK...
Looks like there been little-to-no progress for the N5 since I last looked at that chart.

Yeah but what about the HADK...
Looks like there been little-to-no progress for the N5 since I last looked at that chart.
yes, At least what is public, even finding an image not-public seems impossible.
But, then again, on my Nexus 4 its hardly usable as it is now.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Sigh, if the N4's still hardly usable, then even the very latest N5 image is going to be a complete PIA.
I really don't see how this "strategy" it paying-off for them, certainly for the resources it's sucking...
The sooner they get an excellent HADK out the better, then maybe the wider Android world can take (at least some) of the load.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-14 at 08:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Well there is a download link to the Nexus 5 port in its current state over at xda if you go into Nexus 5 General -> jolla developer ports sailfish os to nexus 5, then go to the bottom of page 6, but that is now an older version of the sailfish OS, although the latest sources seem to be available to update the rom, I'm not sure how to build it.

If someone has instructions to build the sailfish rom, then it would be greatly appreciated, since this is my first post, I doubt that I can post links otherwise, I would have given you a direct link to the nexus 5 sailfish os rom, the github account of where to build, and a link to the modified kickstarter file that I made (based from the one found in the github repo, to build the latest version for the nexus 5.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
well, the link for 1.0.5.16 is in this post

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=60

yes, and if you look a few posts above that I have put a link for the repo, if you look at the kickstarter file and change the sailfish version from 1.0.5.16 to 1.0.7.16 then it should still work, as I checked the URL, and it seemed to be valid.

But i don't know how to build the rom.

EDIT: changing from 1.0.5.16 to 1.0.8.19 should also work as of yesterday, going to try and build again tomorrow, although remember I don't know what I'm doing

Last edited by nh1402; 2014-07-16 at 21:43.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
mister a-hole