Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
well i guess the n900 will come out soon after lifedrive 2

...i heard Duke Nukem Forever is going to be on it to replace chess...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The smart-money bet is that any specific prediction made by anyone is wrong. You might lose one bet, but you'll more than make up for it on the others.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
yeah yeah, I'm going to wait for the N910, which is bound to follow on soon after :-)
Well I'll wait for the N1010 then. By then I predict it'll be the same as an N810, but with a MicroSD slot, more internal storage and a working version of Firefox. It'll have WIMAX for those three cities in the US that have transmitters, and the internal GPS will lock onto satellites in under two minutes.

It still won't play OGG out of the box, and it'll still require totally reflashing the device to upgrade the OS.

Oh, and the Canola UI will replace the current UI

In other news, Apple announce the 2nd generation iPhone, unlocked on all networks for half the price of the current iPhone.

Taking geneven's advice, I bet you're wrong, despite the utter plausibility of your prediction.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Duma View Post
based upon your response, seems that others have posted rumored release dates as well.
As a newbie here you missed a whole lot of fun.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in release dates given even by an insider. For one, we're not supposed to, and for another, nothing is set in stone.

And for another, nothing could make you happier than giving us false information. Well, except inducing us to believe false information without ever telling us anything.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I agree. for all we know this could be something totally different from what we are expecting. For all we know it could be very similar to the current OS and hardware or it could be very, very, different. Only time will tell.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Well, neither the hardware or OS has really changed dramatically over the tablets' lifetimes (visually, anyways). I doubt we'll see something drastically different. I hope we do though.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
And for another, nothing could make you happier than giving us false information. Well, except inducing us to believe false information without ever telling us anything.
To the former, I would never.

To the latter, well, duh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: