Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Good question. The way I understood it (to be confirmed) is that when NMP was outsourced to MS the Maemo and Meego OS'es were transferred to Tech, so were not part of the package that was sold to MS.
I would hazard a guess that if it indeed was so, then also the said HW rights would be owned by Nokia Technologies.
This^^ is what I heard from ex-Harmattan employee, also design of N9 +N950 was transferred to Nokia Technologies.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, perhaps the agreement does not say you are not allowed to rent the phone for a very long time with the option for the person that is renting to sublease the phone and so forth.

Couple other questions...

1)Does anyone have a copy of the agreement to post in this thread?

2)Does anyone have the courage to ask Nokia if it is OK to sell the phone?

Last edited by mscion; 2016-10-05 at 15:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
A lot of this is remedied by just asking as opposed to assuming. In the past though, many companies that sent out dev devices basically limited their resell mainly because they didn't want the devices to land in the hands of their competitors - thus the NDA's, agreements and so forth.

BlackBerry sent me two Dev Alpha devices, I asked them recently if I should prepare to send them back. They said "No need" and left it at that. Now, should I decide to sell it, I'd probably just ask again, but centered around if that's an option.

In regards to people that get the N950 only to develop on it; where was this when folks that awarded themselves this device and did absolutely nothing with them when development was supported and active? Now, that's no longer the case.

Heck, if I bought a N950 just to wipe my arse with it, I could do so wouldn't care about this incessant and way too late agenda of "Only for developers" sentiment. It wasn't for "only developers" then, it isn't now either.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
A lot of this is remedied by just asking as opposed to assuming. In the past though, many companies that sent out dev devices basically limited their resell mainly because they didn't want the devices to land in the hands of their competitors - thus the NDA's, agreements and so forth.

BlackBerry sent me two Dev Alpha devices, I asked them recently if I should prepare to send them back. They said "No need" and left it at that. Now, should I decide to sell it, I'd probably just ask again, but centered around if that's an option.
Funny story about BlackBerry... recently someone got hold of a Passport running Android and it didn't take long for them to come looking for him with all the legal jargon
He returned it to them and they gave him a not so exciting BlackBerry 10 passport.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
the answer is our community is relying on active users or developers wanting to give back to community...
There is no community. Nothing is being developed anymore, nothing will ever be developed anymore, the N9 is 100% dead with no chance of resurrection and the N950 never even existed. The N950 website you posted several times has only one user, you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
There is no community. Nothing is being developed anymore, nothing will ever be developed anymore, the N9 is 100% dead with no chance of resurrection and the N950 never even existed. The N950 website you posted several times has only one user, you.
This is beginning to sound like a Bergman film...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Unless this is meant as a sarcastic comment, I have to conclude you have had a really bad day to hold such a pessimistic worldview.

I will bet it is the first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
...pessimistic...
I think you've misspelt "realistic"

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
In regards to people that get the N950 only to develop on it; where was this when folks that awarded themselves this device and did absolutely nothing with them when development was supported and active? Now, that's no longer the case.
Haha I remember the times when people were making hello-world-level applications and Nokia was sending them n950's

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meego_leenooks1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
Still for sale !

The Following User Says Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n950, selling n950