Notices

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
About that "app closing issue"...

tried it with ocho 0.0.9 from here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89495&page=1

closed all open apps...

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@mcbook just reflash to stock firmware and have fun with it. stop asking about closing application in every thread about any application to be installed, after you reflashed to openmode without reading possible openmode issues.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
What are you taking about?

I asked once in another thread and I answered to a question in this thread!

No more, no less...

custodian offered to take a look at that if someone pointed out an app where this happens (at least in my understanding)

btw. this is getting OT so...

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
As for flags - publisher can specify any special actions required at application description.
I think you should make some kind of warning from this statement and show it every time when someone is trying to add new application to OpenRepos. Because, for the present momnet, there are no apps that have any kind of install instructions for special cases.

And this is bad - specialized content distribution systems like OpenRepos should be as user-friendly as possible.

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
I think you should make some kind of warning from this statement and show it every time when someone is trying to add new application to OpenRepos.
Thats not a point. Publisher can "forget"(or whatever) to check flags.
Apps for usersection can be installed with out any special action. Already. And you dont need all other packages, unless you are knowing what you are doing.

Publisher can "forget"
I'm asking you to add a warning message to the OpenRepos so the publisher will not forget to mension how to install the app.

Apps for usersection can be installed with out any special action.
What is user section? You don't have such a section on OpenRepos. As I mentioned earlier, reaver resides in Utilities section and can't be installed even with simple dpkg -i.

What is user section? You don't have such a section on OpenRepos.
Publisher know what it is. It's not a category at openrepos site.
As I mentioned earlier, reaver resides in Utilities section and can't be installed even with simple dpkg -i.
You dont need this application to be installed on you phone. If you do, you know how to install it. Warehouse cannot install openmode or whatever you want, and cannot read your mind.
Warehouse is store-like client for user section application. Same application as avaiable at OVI-Store. You cannot publish reaver application at Store.

Openrepos is not a Store. It's a repository system, with some extra funtionality.

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-10-26 at 22:07.

Warehouse is store-like client for user section application. Same application as avaiable at OVI-Store. You cannot publish reaver application as Store..
Oh really? Perhaps my eyes are failing me?

I think publishers don't know about user section either.

Oh really? Perhaps my eyes are failing me?
http://s020.radikal.ru/i713/1310/ee/4d4466ee2627t.jpg
Please stop this flame. This wont be added in near future.
Publisher can upload whatever he want to his personal repository.
And if you cannot install applicaiton via warehouse, then YOUR phone DOESNT MEET application requirements.

If publisher doesnt know about this, his apps would not be installable directly via warehouse. only as deps. thats it. comply harmattan packaging policy.

Last edited by Custodian; 2013-10-26 at 22:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Custodian, alrigt. So you just don't care what stuff will be added to OpenRepos. It's ok, as long as you don't position your site as Store replacement.

But if I were you, and wanted to make a frontend app with some nice userfriendly functionality, I'd have some kind of control over what apps should be visible to the target user. Because "if you cannot install applicaiton via warehouse, then your phone doesn't meet non-existent application requirements" attitude is totally not the one that user expects from Store-like kind of app.

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os