Poll: do you overclock your n900?
Poll Options
do you overclock your n900?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
just out of curiosity i wanted to see a quick show of hands for how many people are overclocked, and to possibly put the brakes on the "most people have overclocked," "most? hardly any i say!" type of arguments we see on here. also i gather the possibility of flash 10.1 may require an oc'd handset so some numbers could prove useful...

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Err who cares and why does it matters?!
If you want do OC if not, don`t. It is realllly simple. Why do you even talking about flash 10 needing OC phone, when there is NO flash 10 for n900

Really what is your point here?!

P.S. Make a poll its a waaaaaay easier to see.

P.S. 2 The poll is not correct. Most people overclock their phones by increasing the maxim allowed freq i.e. there is not such thing I sometimes OC and sometimes don`t the kernel chooses the freq of the CPU depending of the load.

Last edited by acvetkov; 2010-12-15 at 15:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I have tried it, but didn't notice a great deal of improvement in performance. I don't really do heavy multitasking. I also prefer to test my own applications on a device with the stock kernel and no overclocking.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
Err who cares and why does it matters?!
If you want do OC if not, don`t. It is realllly simple. Why do you even talking about flash 10 needing OC phone, when there is NO flash 10 for n900

Really what is your point here?!

P.S. Make a poll its a waaaaaay easier to see.
i care, and i'm sure others do. its a repetitive argument i see here on tmo for starters. i already have been oc'd at 1000mhz for a while now, i'm more interested in what percentage of n900 owners have as opposed to whether i should or not, i dont base those decisions on what others do. there is no flash for n900 you're right, but if you read the threads regarding 10.1 there are some developments where this info may prove useful, or perhaps not. ummm... there is a poll, but thanks for reminding me i hadn't voted myself!

P.S. 2 The poll is not correct. Most people overclock their phones by increasing the maxim allowed freq i.e. there is not such thing I sometimes OC and sometimes don`t the kernel chooses the freq of the CPU depending of the load.
i am aware of how it works. we're talking maximums here (i assume the 650-1000 confused you?) if you can forgive the semantics for a while its pretty straightforward - if you constantly leave 1000 as your max vote a. if you overclock but stay under 900 vote b. simples. if you wish to abstain please feel free to leave.

BTW you should include underclocking & undervoltage...

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
I tried, but didn't get everything runnig again. At first call and sms notifications ceased to work, later I had issues with BlessN900. As taking pictures is one of my main uses, I upstood from over-clocking. However, I did enjoy my 850mHz-times.

icke

The Following User Says Thank You to icke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
Overclock = increase maximum allowed frequency. Frequency scaling is a different thing.

Btw, I'm also interested in this poll.

In my case, I have my N900 running @1150MHz, "ideal" voltage profile, and I have no problems at all.

Last edited by MaddogG; 2010-12-15 at 15:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaddogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
BTW you should include underclocking & undervoltage...
i considered it but thought over-complicating the poll may cloud the results, anyone who has underclocked feel free to leave feedback and frequencies as a post though.

here running 24/7 125-1100mhz with lv or default voltages.

The Following User Says Thank You to shnigi For This Useful Post: